Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ 90 day fraud alert does not work properly

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

EQ 90 day fraud alert does not work properly

It is good to double check whether fraud alerts are placed on all CRA including EQ correctly.

Two weeks ago, I contacted EX by phone and I placed the typical 90 day fraud alert. It was expected to place it on all three CRA. Today, I checked all three CRA reports and there was no fraud alert on EQ. This is worrying me whether EQ is working properly.

I called the EQ automated service to place an alert but at the end of the call, they requested lots of personal information to be sent to their POBOX to complete this step (do not feel comfortable to do this).

Please advice. What is the best way to place alert on EQ without hassle?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ 90 day fraud alert does not work properly

@xenon3030 wrote:

It is good to double check whether fraud alerts are placed on all CRA including EQ correctly.

Two weeks ago, I contacted EX by phone and I placed the typical 90 day fraud alert. It was expected to place it on all three CRA. Today, I checked all three CRA reports and there was no fraud alert on EQ. This is worrying me whether EQ is working properly.

I called the EQ automated service to place an alert but at the end of the call, they requested lots of personal information to be sent to their POBOX to complete this step (do not feel comfortable to do this).

Please advice. What is the best way to place alert on EQ without hassle?

I notice the exact same thing happen to me not sure what to do either fraud alert on both Tu and Ex but likely not Eq. I just tried to put an alert on Equifax this is what I received have a look still very odd doesn't appear on my credit file with them when I check.

Alert

Message 2 of 6
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

That notice was not clear (it seems that you already had one active alert and wanted to add a new one). Does CK show an active alert on your EQ? 

BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xenon3030 wrote:

That notice was not clear (it seems that you already had one active alert and wanted to add a new one). Does CK show an active alert on your EQ? 

No new updates yet when it does I'll update. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 6
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

If there is no alert on file, I think, freeze/lock should be possibly enough but not optimum yet...

Also, is there any way to double check whether the locking/freezing were placed properly except CRA websites? CK does not have this feature.

Message 5 of 6
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Could not place the alert yet. Is there a way to address complains?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.