guiness56
New Contributor
BetterTomorrow

Re: EQ/ EX Score membership vs. FICO membership (Score Watch & Quarterly Monitoring)?

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure if we should spend money on Fico scores anymore.  My Fico scores that I bought told me it's all above 690. 

Now, American Express has lowered my previous $7000 credit limit to $1000 telling me my Fico score was 576? 

I'm really disappointed in all this nonsense.

All this monthly monitoring systems and score watches are a waste of money. 

If you want a true score, get it from the lender and no one else. 

In the end, that's all that matters and not the score from MyFico.com or anywhere else. 

4/22/08
TU 673 EQ 631 EX 689

7/1/12
TU 705 EQ 717 EX 718
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: EQ/ EX Score membership vs. FICO membership (Score Watch & Quarterly Monitoring)?

BetterTomorrow wrote:

I'm not sure if we should spend money on Fico scores anymore.  My Fico scores that I bought told me it's all above 690. 

Now, American Express has lowered my previous $7000 credit limit to $1000 telling me my Fico score was 576? 

I'm really disappointed in all this nonsense.

All this monthly monitoring systems and score watches are a waste of money. 

If you want a true score, get it from the lender and no one else. 

In the end, that's all that matters and not the score from MyFico.com or anywhere else. 

Are you certain Amex pulled EQ or TU? They usually pull EX.

Established Contributor
tonyjones

Does anybody pull Transunion? is there a list somewhere of what lender pulls what, they all say they pull all 3 but that's bull**bleep**!!!

Gardening from July 2014 ... to September 2016

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

check out sites like whogavemecredit.com or google "credit pull database".

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+