Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ FICO - Account in dispute - scoring question

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

EQ FICO - Account in dispute - scoring question

I pulled my EQ  report today from my EQ website subscription. Looks like they finally got my snail mail letter and updated my address I also noticed that my Dell account was in dispute, because they have not reported an accurate balance of zero with EQ (or TU, but did for EX).

Anyway, I was under the impression that when an account is in dispute, it would be removed from the scoring algorithm. I just bought my new score power report on myfico,  which has a bunch of new accounts, anyway, and the score is still the same....it was not removed from the scoring algorithm....maybe it take a few days? IDK.

Anyone know? TIA.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: EQ FICO - Account in dispute - scoring question

If all you disputed was the balance, then CRA reporting of any dergogs on the account remains unchallenged.

You did not disute an account, only the account balance, as I read it.

Suspended scoring of disputed account reporrting is extremely temporary, and only exists for the 30-day period that the acccount is under dispute.

Once the dispute process is resolved, the scoring continues to count in FICO.

Did they resovle the dispute?

Message Edited by RobertEG on 01-19-2010 12:09 AM
Message 2 of 4
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thank you RobertEG - you are correct, I disputed the balance, which was pif in Nov 09 - not the fact that it isn't my account.  Yes, the account is still in dispute with EQ still, as of yesterday when I pulled my report real time.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar situation. I have disputed an account that is 3 years old. I got a scorewatch alert that "an account status has changed". I clikced on it and it said that the account is under dispute investigation. However my score did not change and it has been over a week and no score change. Since this account is older than my AAoA by a long shot thanks to 5 new accounts I definately should have seen a score change probably a decrease if it was removed from scoring. However no changes so I am not a believer in accounts that are in dispute arent scored. Until I see further evidence I consider it a rumor or a YMMV.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.