Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ FICO dropped 16 points because of utility account

tag
ferrari
Regular Contributor

EQ FICO dropped 16 points because of utility account

My DTE (electricity) account reported a balance of $46 from $0 the previous month and my EQ FICO dropped 16 points.

I thought these types of accounts are not used in utilization! Although the balance is relatively small but I guess they used my highest reported balance as my CL which is around $250.

What gives?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: EQ FICO dropped 16 points because of utility account

Usually utility accounts don't report, unless you get behind, but some do. It appears that your utility company does. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ FICO dropped 16 points because of utility account

LOL what is one to do then.... use a LOTTTTA electricity one month to get it to report a plump figure, and then go back to normal so the utilization looks good again?

That would be interesting to find ways to use up 10X as much electricity as normal.   Guess I could shut off the furnace and turn on 15 space heaters.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.