cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Report says my oldest acct opened 'N/A'. Does this affect my FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ Report says my oldest acct opened 'N/A'. Does this affect my FICO?

I just got my most recent credit report from EQ on Friday. Today while reviewing it again I noticed this under the “Account Age” section at the beginning of the report.

Length of Credit History 0

Average Account Age NaNYear

Oldest Account CAPITAL ONE BANK USA (Opened N/A)

Most Recent Account BARCLAYS BANK DELAWA (Opened 06/2008)

My oldest account is actually a JCP card opened in 1997.Yet when I go to the “understanding your FICO score” section of this website it says that my AAoA is 5 years, which I think is correct. Should I dispute that Cap1 account showing as my oldest? Do you think this is affecting my FICO?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: EQ Report says my oldest acct opened 'N/A'. Does this affect my FICO?

At the very least obtain a report directly from Equifax preferably a written one.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This info stating that my oldest account has no open date is my actual report from Equifax. My Fico scorewatch SEEMS like it takes the JCP account into consideration for AAoA. But I'm wondering if I should be concerned that what Equifax says is my oldest account is incorrect.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This very same thing is happening to me. I a verizon account that is showing as my oldest account but in fact I have a mortgage account that is way older. I have disputed with no resolution. I really pist some people off at verizon and equifax so I'm starting to think this is intentional. All I have ever asked is to report this right. Keep us posted on your situation I may need advice to further pursue my issue with them.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.