Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ always higher than EX?

tag
Kneegrow
Established Member

EQ always higher than EX?

Per AMEX my EX  was 670 and MyFico EQ at 686.  That's a 16 point difference, is this about average on the "real" credit scores?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: EQ always higher than EX?

@Kneegrow wrote:

Per AMEX my EX  was 670 and MyFico EQ at 686.  That's a 16 point difference, is this about average on the "real" credit scores?

Hey Kneegrow!

The difference between CRAs is typical. The information across all three CRAs don't always match up.  Not to mention that there are many different algorithms for the FICO score.  Focus on what's actually on your report and your scores will come in line. Smiley Happy. I hope this helps.

i've asked the moderators to move this question to a forum that might better help you with your question as opposed to the credit card forum. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: EQ always higher than EX?

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@Kneegrow wrote:

Hey Kneegrow!

The difference between CRAs is typical. The information across all three CRAs don't always match up.  Not to mention that there are many different algorithms for the FICO score.  Focus on what's actually on your report and your scores will come in line. Smiley Happy. I hope this helps.

i've asked the moderators to move this question to a forum that might better help you with your question as opposed to the credit card forum. Smiley Happy

Yes, but the answer to the question in the title is "No"  As improvingmycredit says, information differs among the CRAs, so it is just as likely that EX has info that makes you look better than EQ as the other way round.   One key difference, apart from accounts, is the number of inquiries reported.  Issuers pull different CRAs, so if you have more inquiries from EX pullers (such as Amex) than EQ pullers, your EQ score will often be higher.  But if the inquiry numbers are reversed....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.