Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ and EX have different DOL dates and past balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ and EX have different DOL dates and past balance

What should I do about this? I have no idea how or why there would be two different dates. I am unable to get a report from TU because I live overseas.

EQUIFAX

Date opened: Mar, 2002
Date of last payment: Nov, 2003
Account number: XXXXX
Largest past balance: $4,974
Credit Type: Revolving
Account holder: Individual
Scheduled payment amount: $0

Descriptions:
Charged off account
Account closed by credit grantor

EXPERIAN

Date opened: Mar, 2002
Date of last payment: Dec, 2004
Account number
Account type: Credit Card, Terms REV
Credit limit: Not Reported
Largest past balance: $8,631
Credit Type: Revolving
Account holder: Individual

Descriptions:
Account closed at credit grantor's request

Also, largest past balance's are different too, but both reports show my balance due the same. And on the bottom of the Experian report where there are tabs showing payment history they are showing that on 04/05 and 01/06 is 'OK-Currently paid as agreed' and showing me late 23 times. I have not made any payments on this account since 03. Northland Group has been contacting me regarding this account and they show up twice as hard inquiries. I'm a resident of Kansas so the SOL is 3 years on credit cards from what I understand. I'm trying to be sure that I am past the SOL on this account. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks so much.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

These differences in charge off dates may or may not be h...

These differences in charge off dates may or may not be having an additional negative affect on your scores, but if you want to make sure they're correct you can provide documentation to Experian indicating the correct date.

And it should be noted that those 23 lates after the date of last payment (status date) are probably not affecting your score, since the score appears to be considering 12/04 as the date of the charge off.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you aure that they are the same acocunt?  I only ask...

Are you aure that they are the same acocunt?  I only ask because one simply states closed by granto, the other states charged off.  That and the different dates and amounts have me puzzled.  Are both balances reflcecting with the original creditor?  I've onyl seen differences like that ater collection acitivity
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 CO's from CapOne and the example I showed at the...

I have 3 CO's from CapOne and the example I showed at the beginning is the same account. I have acct #1 I originally owed $4974 but now it is $8631; acct #2 I originally owed $2872 and now owe $4983; acct #3 I originally owed $647 and now owe $1109.

BTW, I got  EX and EQ reports and FICO from Suze Orman's Platinum Kit (MyFico).

Now the weird thing is that there are decrepencies with how CapOne is reporting to EX and EQ

EXPERIAN - Here is what acct #1 is being reported with the Past 90 days and then the little tabs I was telling you about.

Seven year payment history:
30 days late 3 times
60 days late 1 time
90+ days late 23 times (Mar 2007, Feb 2007, Jan 2007, Dec 2006, Nov 2006, Oct 2006, Sep 2006, Aug 2006, Jul 2006, Jun 2006, May 2006, Apr 2006, Mar 2006, Feb 2006, Dec 2005, Nov 2005, Oct 2005, Sep 2005, Aug 2005, Jul 2005, Jun 2005, May 2005, Jan 2005)

Recent payment history:

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3
2005 2006 2007
Legend:
Unknown
Currently paid as agreed

You can't tell but the numbers are tabbed and 2005 the #4 is tabbed with an OK which indicates 'currently paid as agreed', and so is the #1 above 2006, 2007 has blank tabs; the other tabs are blank which indicates 'unknown'.

EQUIFAX - They don't have the payment history tabs. But this is also where totals are different. They do have the total balance of $8631 owed but report 'largest past balance' of $4974 (which is the amount before they doubled every one of my accts).

Seven year payment history:
30 days late 3 times
60 days late 1 time
90+ days late 4 times (May 2004, Apr 2004, Mar 2004)

TRANSUNION - Finally got my report from them.
Past Due: $8631 $8631 $8631 High Balance: $4974 $8631 $4974 -Terms: -Limit:       -Payment:     $0 -Opened: 03/11/2002 03/2002 03/2002- Reported: 03/04/2007 03/04/2007 03/2007- Responsibility: Individual Individual Individual

-Late Payments (last 7 years): --TransUnion Experian Equifax days late:   3 3 days late:   1 1 days late:   4 4

Northland is trying to collect for CapOne. They are doing this by mail. I have not responded to any of their letters. I know before them I had some other CA calling my house about 5 times a day regarding CapOne. I screened all my calls after the first few. But on the EX report there are 2 hard inquiries by them and this is what they look like.

October 28, 2006 Northland Colls Src
March 18, 2006 Northland Colls Src

I didn't think that CA could do hard inquiries on you. I am very new to all of this and I have just been trying to lay the ground work before I did anything. I wanted to be sure what my legal rights were and SOLs because I don't want to open a can of worms. What has me the most concerned is how CapOne is reporting to EQ. It is making it appear that that account is still active and that I have made payments. Do you think they sold my debt to Northland?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just noticed this too.  Look at the last column TYPE....

I just noticed this too.  Look at the last column TYPE.  What does this mean....Unknown-credit extension, review or collection.  Credit extension?  Hmmm something is fishy with that. 

Equifax

Condition:  Derogatory; Balance:  $8631; Type:  Unknown-credit extension, review, or collection; pay status:  collection/charge-off; Past Due:  $8631; High Balance:  $4974

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like a lot of fees and such were added between thos...

Looks like a lot of fees and such were added between those reporting dates.  Not sure how much late fees overlimit and interest would add but they may have als added collection fees.  As far as the DOLA did you ever call to try to make arrangements to pay that bill on the later date?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just started pulling credit reports to try and clean it...

I just started pulling credit reports to try and clean it up.  Northland Group has been sending me letters to settle the CapOne account but I never deal with CA's.  I have never contacted anyone to settle this account.  When I do decide to settle it I will contact CapOne directly.  But what has me the most concerned is that from the Suze Orman's Experian report is that CapOne is showing I the last payment made was 01/2006 and that I have paid late 23 times.  This is not the truth.  And how on earth can all of the balances be double, even with some fees?  Before I do anything else I want to be sure that CapOne is on the up and up and from what I can tell it doesn't look like they have been.  I don't understand this extended credit not on Equifax.  It appears to me that they are falsely reporting and illegally re-aging.  What do you think?

Another thing that is funny about Northland Group is the 2 hard pulls on my reports and not listed anywhere else in them.....not even collections.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh also, the last payment ever made to CapOne on all 3 ac...

Oh also, the last payment ever made to CapOne on all 3 accts was in 2003.  I am a resident of Kansas and I believe the SOL for that state is 3 years on credit cards.  Honestly, I don't know where to go from here.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barry or Brammy.....any thoughts on this?

Barry or Brammy.....any thoughts on this?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.