cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ dropped 38 points with no change in report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ dropped 38 points with no change in report?

clarrkkent wrote:

I don't have ANY collections or charge offs. The only negative history I've ever had were some lates. My balances total approximately 9% of my total available credit.

I'll look again, but I have credit reports for Feb and March. I did a scorepower in Feb and then again in March, once I saw my score dropped so drastically. I've done side by side comparisons, line by line.

Nothing conspicuously negative has occurred at all(either in my credit report or by my actions). That's why it's so puzzling.  

On the scorepower report you done after your score drop, what is the negative reasons listed? What does it say your utilization is?

You pulled a score from this website in Feb and it was higher, then dropped in March right?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

im willing to bet one of your cc companies closed an account due to inactivity. its becoming more and more common use it or lose it man. it probably hasnt updated yet.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can get zapped for using dormant cc accounts too.

I got a new mortgage and mine went +49 in one day....go figure.  I'm not sure I'm going to renew my subscription when it expires.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can get zapped for using dormant cc accounts too.

I got a new mortgage and mine went +49 in one day....go figure.  I'm not sure I'm going to renew my subscription when it expires.

Exactly, LOL. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. In fact, I got dinged back in December from using a best buy account that hadn't seen activity in 9 months. So, use it and get dinged. Don't use it and get dinged. 
My score went back up 23 points in one SW alert on the 22nd this month, but of course it wasn't tied to any change on my CR.
 All accounts are still reported as active, although I haven't used any. None are showing new dates of activity (other than those I use). My habits have been exactly the same over the last 4 months. Use one or two cards and pay down to the same standing balance each month. 9% is the magic number from what I hear, so I've been leaving it at that. No CL increases(or decreases) have occurred. 
Whatever. I can only hope I get my remaining 15 points back soon. I think they are rightfully mine given no changes have occurred. Can I report theft of fico points to the local law enforcement? Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have ANY collections or charge offs. The only negative history I've ever had were some lates. My balances total approximately 9% of my total available credit.

I'll look again, but I have credit reports for Feb and March. I did a scorepower in Feb and then again in March, once I saw my score dropped so drastically. I've done side by side comparisons, line by line.

Nothing conspicuously negative has occurred at all(either in my credit report or by my actions). That's why it's so puzzling.  

On the scorepower report you done after your score drop, what is the negative reasons listed? What does it say your utilization is?

You pulled a score from this website in Feb and it was higher, then dropped in March right?

Sidewinder,
 That is correct. Feb was all great with rainbows and butterflies and lollipops and 2 points away from 700, then all hell broke loose in March.  
The only negative listed on the ScorePower report is "Amount of new credit". Payment history, Amount of debt, and length of credit history are listed as "good". I opened a new account in December, but that had already been reported in Jan with the initial balance and CL. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ just sent me an alert on an account i closed over a year ago.  I do wonder about them.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.