cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ dropped 51 points!! I am sooo confused!!!!!

tag
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: EQ dropped 51 points!! I am sooo confused!!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Let me see if I understand...

You owed $1400+ on a closed/charged off account.

You paid the  $1400 after x amount of time.

Your score dropped after payment.

If that's the case, then it sounds like it just updated to a recently derogatory account after being dormant for a while. If this is the case, then I'm afraid it's reporting correctly.

If this isn't the case, which I hope it isn't, then I'm not sure. Good luck!

Actually my score went up to 628 after they reported the $0 balance.  Something happened to the account after that and now I rec'd an alert from TC saying it is a "new account" and my report on MyFico is showing "repo/foreclosure" even though my EQ report is not.  I also received an alert on here when it dropped and the only changes it shows are that the HC went from $1451 to $1000.  Balance stayed the same as previously at $0.  I am just so confused!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive had nothing but bad problems with Capital One .. I closed it on principle ... does anyone know if they finally are reporting your credit limit so that you dont look like you are at 100% Util?

Dave

Message 12 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive had nothing but bad problems with Capital One .. I closed it on principle ... does anyone know if they finally are reporting your credit limit so that you dont look like you are at 100% Util?

Dave

I am 99% sure that they do report your credit limit. Couple years now at least 18 months.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.