Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ reporting incorrectly or is it GMAC

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

EQ reporting incorrectly or is it GMAC

I have cleaned up my credit report and now have no collection accountsI have paid off all CO's and was able to get JCPenney's to remove all the lates and its now showing a positive TL (though closed).

My big issue is the fact that EQ is reporting my car loan as closedI pulled a EQ FICO report on this site and on the summary page it says that one of the things hurting my scores is that I have a past due balance of $12,002, which is the current balance of my car loan.

I have called EQ on MANY occasions and also disputed online as wellThey keep saying that the account is showing as open in their recordsSo I decided to by a report directly from their websiteOne the summary page it is showing that I only have 2 installment accounts which proves that they are listing my account as closed.  

I have asked this question before and really haven't gotten an answerI have called GMAC and they have sent me 3 letters verifying that the account is open and current.  

I need assistance to get this correctedI may need to file a complaint with the AG and the BBB.

My score for EQ is over 80pts lower than TU and they basically have the same items listedEVen though TU shows a paid collection that will fall off in March.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQ reporting incorrectly or is it GMAC

On the credit report pulled directly from EQ, does the car loan account show as open or closed? Not on the summary page, but on the page where the account itself is actually listed?
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 2 of 5
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@missypants wrote:
On the credit report pulled directly from EQ, does the car loan account show as open or closed? Not on the summary page, but on the page where the account itself is actually listed?

On the report directly from EQ it is listed under the closed accounts.  But on the TL where itshas date closed, its empty.

Message 3 of 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

What is Equifax reporting as the current status of the account? Also, does the balance field show a value greater than zero?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 5
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

What is Equifax reporting as the current status of the account? Also, does the balance field show a value greater than zero?

Staus is listing as current and the balance is showing as $12,002.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.