***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ stuck at 703 for the last 2 years. Will it stay there until 2014

IMO no one can accurately predict what will happen because no one can know what might change in your reports before that time. Many things can occur in 4 years.

* Accounts are added and perhaps drop off

* New negatives show up for whatever reason

* Old negatives are removed early or die of old age

* Your AAoA and credit length history will hopefully increase

* Utilization can increase or decrease drastically which will influence your score

There are just too many things unknown.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

That all depends on how you handle your credit profile between now and then.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi pazuzu,

As the guys above have indicated, it all depends on what's on your reports.

However, if it's any comfort to you, the highest FICO score with a BK - seen on these threads - was reported as 759. 

So the BK in and of itself is not limiting you to 703.  

A few months after my CH 13 discharge, my FICO's were 741 on TU; 731 on Exp (mortgage pull); and 717 on EQ. 

So, you've got some flexibility in potential FICO scores with a BK still on your reports.

Incidentally, my EQ FICO has moved up and down within an 11 point range for the past 12 months - it's not unusual to have a fairly flat-line score, especially if there's not a lot of significant changes in your report.

Message 4 of 7
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

All of the accounts that I went belly up on are due to drop off by the middle of next year.

Don't know if that will be a plus or a minus b/c of the longer history of these.  

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

My suggestion is not to look at it in terms of accounts.  Accounts dont "drop" at any date, only indiv derogs reported under an account drop, at their own and separate dates.

I would simply compile a table that shows, for each account, every delinquencyin your CR

If it was a monthly delinquency on an OC account, each one remains until after 7 years from its own date of delinquency.

If it was a charge-off or collection, they each remain for 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD on the OC account.

The separate reporting of the BK remains until after 10 years from date of entry of the oreder of bankruptcy.

If all of the derogs previously reported drop at 7 or 7 1/2 years, all that would remain is the BK.  That would then be the only remaining derog.

Your improvement will come, in my opinion, periodically as each prior derog drops from your CR.  It wont be limited based only on the expiration of the 10-year continued appearance ot the BK

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You wont lose positive credit history on the accounts, such as it age,  once the date of their reporting of the derogs under the account have passed the 7 or 7 1/2 year periods set forth in FCRA 605(a).  This is NOT an account deletion statute.  It is merely a prohibition against the CRAs from continuing to include reproting of those derogs under the account once those periods have expired.  Of course, if they choose to delete the account, then it will be gone.  But expiration of any of the credit report periods for CR inclusion has nothing to do, in and of itself,  with account deletion.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.