Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ vs. TU - different scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ vs. TU - different scores

Hi Gurus,

I just pulled myFICO scores from both EQ (766) and TU (742). Needless to say, I expected a smaller difference between the two scores.

The accounts reported are both accurate (1 CC<4%, with CL 1k$, no other debt or deliquency), but TU says that  "There is no recent activity on your credit cards", which is obviously incorrect. I used my CC every month, and paid off in full.

The "amount of debt" parameter (first page of the report) is graded as "Great" by EQ and "Very good" by TU, but I am not sure if this is related with the statement above.

I am wondering if the score difference due to different formulas is justified. Plus, I don't know whether to discuss the wrong indicator mentioned above, because the credit report is accurate. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: EQ vs. TU - different scores

That is only 24 points difference. That is pretty close since they are using slightly different FICO versions. Are the reports identical?

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

My TU has been 28 points lower than EQ for quite awhile now.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the difference in your scores.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the credit reports are identical. I am not concerned much about the point difference itself, but the more of TU saying that a negative factor preventing my score to be higher is that I "do not have a credit card or do not use it recently", when the report indicates that my CC is regularly reported to them. So I thought that this inconsistency would have produces a lower score than it actually is, thus closer to the EQ score.

Does it makes sense to contact TU and ask clarifications?

Thanks!!!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reported "factors" are just designed to be advisory. Disregard any "negative factors" which don't make sense or are inconsistent. The report format requires X number of "factors" to be displayed, even if there aren't that many relevant factors. There are hundreds of examples of contradictory or nonsensical "factors" which have appeared on credit reports mentioned in this and other forums. Many of the factors refer to "too many" or "not enough" or "too long" or "too short" or "too recent" - vague comparative references to a nonspecific standard. The "negative factors" that appear on reports of people who have extremely good credit scores (790+) really start to get ridiculous sometimes ...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.