Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ vs TU scoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ vs TU scoring

I use ScoreWatch which tracks EQ scoring regularly.  As of 2-26, my EQ is 808.  Decided to check TU just for fun.  With same data my TU score is 787.  Anybody know why a 21 point disparity for the same credit data.  Oh, and TU said I had high credit usage as one negative even though they showed exact same activity as EQ.  Does anybody know of factors TU vs. EQ either emphasize or de-emphasize relative to one another ?  Seems in years past my TU has often trended lower than EQ...Are they just more stringent ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: EQ vs TU scoring

@Anonymous wrote:

I use ScoreWatch which tracks EQ scoring regularly.  As of 2-26, my EQ is 808.  Decided to check TU just for fun.  With same data my TU score is 787.  Anybody know why a 21 point disparity for the same credit data.  Oh, and TU said I had high credit usage as one negative even though they showed exact same activity as EQ.  Does anybody know of factors TU vs. EQ either emphasize or de-emphasize relative to one another ?  Seems in years past my TU has often trended lower than EQ...Are they just more stringent ?

Well each CRA has a unique scoring algorithm, so even identical credit reports may not have the same exact score between two bureaus. You should recheck your reports to see if there are some slight differences in reporting.

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello there.

It would be rare indeed if the exact information was in both your reports. And even if that were the case as JoeBJay20 said each CRA interprets data a little differently.

Right now my TU score is 34 points less than my EQ with almost the same information but TU tells me consistently that my non-mortgage account balances are too high while EQ seems to ignore this.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

Funny this question sure gets asked a lot. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

It would be rare indeed if the exact information was in both your reports. And even if that were the case as JoeBJay20 said each CRA interprets data a little differently.

Right now my TU score is 34 points less than my EQ with almost the same information but TU tells me consistently that my non-mortgage account balances are too high while EQ seems to ignore this.

True!

My TU tends to be over 20 points higher than my Equifax. 

My reports, though, are significantly different.  I see TU as something of an oddball - it's just quirky in what shows up and I've had accounts bounce in and out of my TU report.

Wish that my Equifax was the higher of the two, though.  Most folks pull EQ or Exp for me.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.