Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ vs myfico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ vs myfico

I've been keeping tabs on my score recently as I've been trying to GW delete some paid off collections  as well as experiment with 0 balance on CC account. Noticed an interesting score discrepancy.

8/16/10 - EQ FICO: 659

9/14/10 - myfico (EQ) FICO: 656

9/16/10 - EQ FICO: 700 (!?!)

I ran the "3 in 1 report+score" from EQ. They gave me - EQ:700, EX: 658, TU: 648.. Which I find really strange considering I have 3 collections accounts on EX. It also has one derog collection which I'm having a hard time getting removed. (EQ and TU have already removed it.) This has typically made EX my lowest score of the three.

For some odd reason I was unable to obtain a TU score from myfico. It gave me an error and I tried running it again today, but still errored.

Questions: 

- Does the EQ "3 in 1 score" carry any FICO validity on the other two scores?

- Are EQ and myfico using the same scoring model?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: EQ vs myfico

i am not sure, but i don't think that the 3-in-1 has FICOs.

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been keeping tabs on my score recently as I've been trying to GW delete some paid off collections  as well as experiment with 0 balance on CC account. Noticed an interesting score discrepancy.

8/16/10 - EQ FICO: 659

9/14/10 - myfico (EQ) FICO: 656

9/16/10 - EQ FICO: 700 (!?!)

I ran the "3 in 1 report+score" from EQ. They gave me - EQ:700, EX: 658, TU: 648.. Which I find really strange considering I have 3 collections accounts on EX. It also has one derog collection which I'm having a hard time getting removed. (EQ and TU have already removed it.) This has typically made EX my lowest score of the three.

For some odd reason I was unable to obtain a TU score from myfico. It gave me an error and I tried running it again today, but still errored.

Questions: 

- Does the EQ "3 in 1 score" carry any FICO validity on the other two scores?

- Are EQ and myfico using the same scoring model?

That new Equifax Complete (3-in-1) product being offered by EQ does not offer FICO scores including the EQ score. This "new" offering has a score range of 280-850 whereas FICO has a score range from 300-850. You can still get an EQ FICO score from equifax.com but they make it very hard to find.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

That new Equifax Complete (3-in-1) product being offered by EQ does not offer FICO scores including the EQ score. This "new" offering has a score range of 280-850 whereas FICO has a score range from 300-850. You can still get an EQ FICO score from equifax.com but they make it very hard to find.

Ahh, I see the 280-850 range now. The score from EQ last month was definitely their FICO standalone score. Was curious about the 3 in 1, so gave it a shot. Thanks

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Unless any score you get includes the statement that is a FICO ® score, it is almost always not a licensed FICO score.

To include the statement that a score is a FICO ® score when it is not licensed by Fair Isaac is as violation of federal trademark law.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.