Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ ??

tag
creditchief
Regular Contributor

EQ ??

Hello  folks, Could anyone chime in on some of the obvious EQ likes and dislikes. I know each one have their own system but some seem to dislike bal.,and others don't like inqs etc.. My personnal scores are 739tu. 709eq. with some differences,like 1inq,1bk,3yr age 2acc with bal,2% util-tu compared to 1inq,1bk,5yr age,2acc with bal. 2% util-eq it is so much of difference. Once again I know we don't know the formulas but I just wondered about some other experiences . BTW I had some good aging to fall off tu but none on eq. Thanks for any input!!!

Starting Score: 550-tu 550-eq
Current Score: 745-tu 777-eq (ex-736 lo)
Goal Score: 800-tu 800-eq

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: EQ ??

One standard belief that you'll read here is "EQ hates lates." That is borne out by my own scores. Even back when my reports were almost identical, EQ was always the lowest score, and it still is. (Lates are the only negative that I've ever had, other than the length of history type of stuff.)

Others have mentioned getting negative factors for "high revolving balances", even when their util was low. In other words, because they had a ton of really high CL's, they could also have high balances with reasonably low util, but the actual dollar amount set off a negative factor. That's not all that common, though.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
creditchief
Regular Contributor

Re: EQ ??

Thanks Hauling for the reply, You know I did notice a while back I had 7% util. and they said it was high. So I guess i'll play the waiting game. I only have 5mo, and my last baddie will fall off all reports, I guess I am just so antsy and can't hardly wait for a clear report.

Starting Score: 550-tu 550-eq
Current Score: 745-tu 777-eq (ex-736 lo)
Goal Score: 800-tu 800-eq

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.