tag
labelexpired
Established Member

EQUIFAX,TRANSUNION, EXPERIAN Updates.

Current Scores:

Equifax: 698

Transunion: 635

Experian: 599

Anyone know a way to bump up my Experian, Ive Disputed an account that is marked delinquent from 2009 for some weird reason and I cant recall this so hopefully they remove this or mark this off. Any tips from you 750+ scorers

Thanks

Cap One $1000
Cap One Quicksilver $500
Best Buy Visa Citi $2000
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQUIFAX,TRANSUNION, EXPERIAN Updates.

Hi labelexpired and welcome to the forums.

I guess I'm going to have to be the bad guy and tell you that unless you got all those scores from a lender then they are almost surely not FICO scores. There is no 3 in 1 monitoring service at this time (that I am aware of) that sells FICO scores.

Depending on what site you got these from you might be looking at Plus scores, TransRisk scores, VantageScores, etc. None of these "credit scores" is based on FICO scoring formulas and can't be compared to FICO scores. We call these non-FICO scores "FAKO's". These FAKO scores can be either lower or higher than your FICO scores and there is no way to know which it will be. In other words there is no FAKO score that can be relied on to tell you where you stand as far as a true FICO score is concerned.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/myfico-products.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 7
labelexpired
Established Member

Thanks well I actually have a score watch account here and well of course it only updates me on Equifax and Trans if I do choose to purchase it. I did however get my Experian score from www.experian.com they have this 3 in 1 Monitoring thing but i declined that all i wanted to know was my Experian score due to the fact that I recently applied for a American Express Card but was declined due to the Experian report they saw. I guess im screwed for now until Experian chooses to update their Report on me, and about the FAKO score places yeah i know this is the only place i trust when it comes to credit reports to be honest.

Cap One $1000
Cap One Quicksilver $500
Best Buy Visa Citi $2000
Message 3 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@labelexpired wrote:

Thanks well I actually have a score watch account here and well of course it only updates me on Equifax and Trans if I do choose to purchase it. I did however get my Experian score from www.experian.com they have this 3 in 1 Monitoring thing but i declined that all i wanted to know was my Experian score due to the fact that I recently applied for a American Express Card but was declined due to the Experian report they saw. I guess im screwed for now until Experian chooses to update their Report on me, and about the FAKO score places yeah i know this is the only place i trust when it comes to credit reports to be honest.

This is not an Experian FICO score. As I said before consumers have not been able to buy an EX FICO score since 2/2009. What EX sells at their website is one of those "Plus" scores. This from the EX website:

Products and credit resources on the Product Websites utilize the PLUS Score®. The PLUS Score®, developed by Experian, and the different risk levels presented by it, are for educational use only. The PLUS Score®is not currently sold to lenders, and is not an endorsement or guarantee of your credit worthiness as seen by lenders. The PLUS Score® is not a so-called FICO score, and may differ for a variety of reasons.

Edited for a typo.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 7
labelexpired
Established Member

oh thanks I misundestood! Im trying to get the hang of all this Thanks For helping Smiley Very Happy

Cap One $1000
Cap One Quicksilver $500
Best Buy Visa Citi $2000
Message 5 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@labelexpired wrote:

oh thanks I misundestood! Im trying to get the hang of all this Thanks For helping Smiley Very Happy

I'm glad to help. That is what all of us are here for I believe. To receive help and to pay it forward as we gain knowledge.

None of us will ever have all the answers but we can try!

From a BK years ago to:

Message 6 of 7
labelexpired
Established Member

thanks glad I posted my concern

Cap One $1000
Cap One Quicksilver $500
Best Buy Visa Citi $2000
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.