cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX say one thing FICO EQUIFAX says another???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQUIFAX say one thing FICO EQUIFAX says another???

Every time I find a glimmer of hope, something comes crashing down.

What is the difference between an Equifax score (directly from their website) and My FICO Equifax scores?

I signed up for the 30 day trial from Equifax.com and my scores on their website and significantly lower than the ones on My FICO Score Watch. Which ones are accurate, how can I tell?

This is so frustrating!  Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQUIFAX say one thing FICO EQUIFAX says another???

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the difference between an Equifax score (directly from their website) and My FICO Equifax scores?

I signed up for the 30 day trial from Equifax.com and my scores on their website and significantly lower than the ones on My FICO Score Watch. Which ones are accurate, how can I tell?

The score you got from Equifax is most likely one of their own scoring models ""Risk Score"" etc...and is not a FICO, pay no attention to that score, the score you pulled here at myFICO is your real EQ Beacon 5 FICO Score.

You can purchase your real FICO at Equifax, but it's really hard to find on their website.

Can you tell us what the scoring range is with the EQ score from Equifax, FICO scoring range is 300-850, if the score you got at Equifax has a different scoring range, it's not a FICO.

Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

The score you got from Equifax is most likely one of their own scoring models ""Risk Score"" etc...and is not a FICO, pay no attention to that score, the score you pulled here at myFICO is your real EQ Beacon 5 FICO Score.

You can purchase your real FICO at Equifax, but it's really hard to find on their website.

Can you tell us what the scoring range is with the EQ score from Equifax, FICO scoring range is 300-850, if the score you got at Equifax has a different scoring range, it's not a FICO.

+1.   The scores you bought at the Equifax website are not FICO scores, they are frequently referred to as FAKO scores.    Unfortunately it is sometimes very hard to determine what credit score exactly your are purchasing, but the best way to know is that if it doesn't say FICO then you can assume that it is a FAKO.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It appears as though the range is from 300-850, and the funny thing about it is that it has all 3 of my scores showing much lower numbers than what I saw on my actual credit/score report.

What I relief, I was wondering why the BIG drop in the numbers, knowing full well I hadn't done anything to warrant such a decline.
So ignore this FAKO from Equifax.com and rely on the information found at MY FICO? I like those scores much better anyways Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

It appears as though the range is from 300-850, and the funny thing about it is that it has all 3 of my scores showing much lower numbers than what I saw on my actual credit/score report.

What I relief, I was wondering why the BIG drop in the numbers, knowing full well I hadn't done anything to warrant such a decline.
So ignore this FAKO from Equifax.com and rely on the information found at MY FICO? I like those scores much better anyways Smiley Very Happy

Anytime a CRA offers to sell you an Experian score that is a immediate sign that it is a FAKO score.   Experian does not sell FICO scores to consumers at all.

And yes I certainly would rely on FICO scores as being a better indicator of where you stand.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have studied this credit scoring game for some time now, everyone keeps saying that the my fico scores are the real scores,I have also studied my fico, it does not update as it should, my fico site is still showing a collection account that has officially been removed from equifax but my fico is still showing it, also my fico says ,I do not have any auto loans,I do have an auto loan and equifax reflects that but not my fico, maybe we are giving my fico scores too much credit and I personally think that we really don't get the true scores on the my fico site a lender sent me my proprietary score , and it was higher than my fico or equifax, I don't get it, sometimes I think we get caught up in the red tape, the credit bureaus seem to want to hurriedly put up a negative item, but doesn't want to reward you for positive items. 

Message 6 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have studied this credit scoring game for some time now, everyone keeps saying that the my fico scores are the real scores,I have also studied my fico, it does not update as it should, my fico site is still showing a collection account that has officially been removed from equifax but my fico is still showing it, also my fico says ,I do not have any auto loans,I do have an auto loan and equifax reflects that but not my fico, maybe we are giving my fico scores too much credit and I personally think that we really don't get the true scores on the my fico site a lender sent me my proprietary score , and it was higher than my fico or equifax, I don't get it, sometimes I think we get caught up in the red tape, the credit bureaus seem to want to hurriedly put up a negative item, but doesn't want to reward you for positive items. 

Where are you seeing this collection account on MyFICO, specifically for EQ?

How long have you had the auto loan? And, again, what are you looking at in MyFICO that isn't showing the auto loan?

Do TU and EX not show the collection and do show the auto loan? Here on MyFICO? If you do the three bureau comparison, do they have all the same accounts here on MyFICO?

Also, if you had a "three bureau credit report" pulled here, when was that created? That is a static report and if these changes happened after, would not be updated to that static report.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 8
Lemmus
Established Contributor

luv and life ...my "guess" is that when you purchased your reports from Equifax, you signed up to receive your Fico 04 scores (that mortgage lenders use) rather than your Fico 08 scores that myFico reports and most CCs use, or EQs own RISK/Vantage scores ...never having purchased anything from EQ I can't tell you how to correct that but there are many threads in these forums that refer to the ability to purchase the Fico 04 scores from EQ as well as the difficulty in deciphering exactly what you are buying there ...the Fico 04 scores tend to be ~50 points lower than the Fico 08 scores although it varies widely ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.