Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX 08 questions

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

EX 08 questions

I have some questions about EX 08 to whomever might know the answer.

1. This is the model for the Experian FICO score given here correct?

2. In regards to collections, I think I read that 08 scoring models don't ding you as bad for one late payment, but ding you worse for multiple late payments. Are collections included in this?

3. Do older collections coming off improve your score if you have a newer one? For example, if you get a creditor to PFD a collection from '09, but still have one from '12, will your score improve? Assuming those are the only two collections on record?

4. How long until inqs starting losing their damage to your score? Most of the effect gone by six months, with the rest completely gone by a year?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: EX 08 questions

1)  Yes

2) Yes

3) The more recent collection  (12) is the one having the most impact. You might see a score increase but I doubt it.

4) The greater the number of inquires the more impact they have at each bureau. The inquiry that is over a year old does not factor in your score. My adivice only apply for the credit you need and not want.  Also remember with auto, mortgage and student loans are treated differently because inquires made in 30 day period will treated as only one inquiry as far as the score is concerned.

Hope this helps.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@msf12555 wrote:

I have some questions about EX 08 to whomever might know the answer.

1. This is the model for the Experian FICO score given here correct?

2. In regards to collections, I think I read that 08 scoring models don't ding you as bad for one late payment, but ding you worse for multiple late payments. Are collections included in this?  No a late and a collection are 2 different things.  On the 08 model, collections with the original amount of $100 or less are not scored. The others things you said about late payments is correct.

3. Do older collections coming off improve your score if you have a newer one? For example, if you get a creditor to PFD a collection from '09, but still have one from '12, will your score improve? Assuming those are the only two collections on record?

4. How long until inqs starting losing their damage to your score? Most of the effect gone by six months, with the rest completely gone by a year?

Thanks in advance!

Message 3 of 4
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

I have 3 collections that are around 2 years old...1 of em paid.  I just had a collection fall off due to age...it gave me a 7 pt increase...albeit, it was EQ 04.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.