EX FICO score has me perplexed

tag
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Re: EX FICO score has me perplexed

@guiness56 wrote:

@Lechte wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

These are the main differences between 08 and 04.

Payments: FICO 8 is more lenient toward the rare missed payment. A one-time mis-happening in terms of delinquency doesn't penalize the score as much compared to previous models  The flip side is that if that happens quite often they actually get penalized more than in the prior versions

In addition, FICO 8 ignores small debts in collections and public record items that have an original balance of less than $100.

Credit usage: The new FICO score is more sensitive to high credit usage than earlier models. In other words, if you max out your cards, your FICO score will lose more points than it would have in the past.

Authorized users: If you're an authorized user and don't have a legitimate relationship to the primary cardholder, such as husband and wife, your FICO score might not benefit. FICO 8 minimizes any score inflation caused by the controversial practice of piggybacking as an authorized user on the seasoned credit account of a stranger. Duque-Ribeiro says that FICO 8 uses "a methodology that allows us to be still compliant from a regulatory perspective, but actually make sure that the folks that are trying to do that don't get the benefits of lining up on the back of a consumer's good credi

Only the CO would impact the AAoA.  Collections and PRs are not calculated into that.

Thanks guiness.   I asked in another thread....you wouldn't happen to know if the scoring models myfico.com uses are shown on this site anywhere?  All I've seen mentioned is the Fico 8.  Was wondering how you got the information?

I saw that and I did ask the question to the higher ups.  No answer yet.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/questions/fico8.aspx

Yeah, that's the only thing i've seen that has to do with scoring versions.  How'd you find out what the scoring models used were?  Don't hold out on me Guiness...it can't be that top secret.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 11 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Word of mouth from others on the forums.

I have asked the question if there is anywhere on myFICO that tells you what the models used are but no one has responded yet.

When EX decided to sell their score here again there was a thread about it from admin I believe.

Message 12 of 15
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Word of mouth from others on the forums.

I have asked the question if there is anywhere on myFICO that tells you what the models used are but no one has responded yet.

When EX decided to sell their score here again there was a thread about it from admin I believe.

Alright.  I believe you.   Do you know the difference in the 98' version compared to the 04?

Message 13 of 15
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Do you still have derogatory information on your Experian credit report? Also look at the score factors that are hurting your score and see if anything can be done to address them. The score factors are listed in order of impact. Did any of the factors change from your most recent credit report to the previous one?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 14 of 15
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

Do you still have derogatory information on your Experian credit report? Also look at the score factors that are hurting your score and see if anything can be done to address them. The score factors are listed in order of impact. Did any of the factors change from your most recent credit report to the previous one?

Yeah.  It still says the same thing as my last report.   I did notice that my UTIL is a negative factor on my EQ, yet a positive factor on my TU...as well, one of my positive factors for EQ says I have 7 accounts in good standing...when I actually have 16.  That's why I tend to ignore the commentary.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.