cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX FICO up 145 points with lien and judgment off!!!

tag
seetheworld1

EX FICO up 145 points with lien and judgment off!!!

Wow! I had two awful PRs on my reports -- a paid civil judgment and a tax lien. The judgment was deleted last month and the tax lien deleted today. I checked my EX FICO and it went from 593 (back when I last checked in November) to 738 today!! Although Chase Freedom wasn't impressed; I just apped them and got their dreaded 10-day wait message. I have a thin file -- long auto loan history but only four months of revolving CC history so I guess it was a gamble.Robot Sad

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: EX FICO up 145 points with lien and judgment off!!!

Very nice! 

And yes; Chase is known  to be hard to get in with at times. You would be better served to show at least a year of good revolving history before applying with them.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
oldcreditwoes
Contributor

do your CR show judgment and lien satisfied, or removed from CR completely?

if removed completely, how did you do that?  I have state tax liens on my report (all three CRA reporting), that have been satisfied/released, but still show. 

Also have a civil judgment that is satisfied, but still on report.

I would love to get them DELETED....

thanks for any insight.

Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@oldcreditwoes wrote:

do your CR show judgment and lien satisfied, or removed from CR completely?

if removed completely, how did you do that?  I have state tax liens on my report (all three CRA reporting), that have been satisfied/released, but still show. 

Also have a civil judgment that is satisfied, but still on report.

I would love to get them DELETED....

thanks for any insight.

For paid judgments you would file a motion to vacate in the court that originally granted it on the grounds that it has been paid, if granted they are gone from your CRs. If you cannot file such a motion in your state then I would use a GW directly to the judge.

Tax liens can be removed completely from your CRs by getting a Lien Withdrawl, you contact the taxing authority who issued the lien and ask for the procedure to file for the withdrawl or look for a form on the entities website and send it in.

Message 4 of 9
oldcreditwoes
Contributor

Thank you very much for that information.

I will initiate this on monday.

Message 5 of 9
seetheworld1

Hi, OCW,

My CRs show them completey gone -- deleted. I had a federal tax lien and got it withdrawn under the IRS' Fresh Start program by filing for 12277. I don't know that states have a similar program, although you can ask. Not sure what state you're in, but believe California and SC may have something similar. As for the judgement, if you think there's any incorrect info on it you can try disputing it that way. If the OC doesn't validate/verify, the CR should delete. Good luck!

Message 6 of 9
JTown1
New Visitor

Congrats!!  That being said, I hate you because I'm so jealous! Smiley Happy

I had my DAD's information removed from my credit report and my score went down.  like 5 tax liens and bad credit accounts.

I'll keep my head up, maybe it will repair in time.  

Message 7 of 9
rivx

does that work on settled judgements or just paid in full? These last for 7 years correct? mine will be 7 years in a few months should i just wait and see if it drops off that way or is it 7.5 years?

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.