Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX is so slow...

tag
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

EX is so slow...

I disputed three AU accounts that I was removed from. TU had them investigated and gone in a couple days. EQ removed them without even needing to dispute any of them.

But... EX?  No chance. One of the three came off a couple days after the dispute.  The other two are still there. If TU was able to resolve it, why can't EX? The creditor is obviously not the issue since they were removed for the other two bureaus.  I wanted this stuff OFF before AMEX does its monthy account review.  I have apped on 3 new cards that will be hitting, and I wanted the extra debt of the AU accounts off before that so they don't think I am going credit crazy.

Simple math.  Three accounts gone.  Three accounts replacing them.  No real net account total.  Less overall debt.  Now there are two INQ's, no new accts, and two remaining disputed accts.

How will these disputed accts on EX play into the way AMEX sees my acct?  I know disputed stuff does not go into FICO, so is it possible their monthly review will net out OK? I wonder if they just pull a score as a review, or if they manually review?  I know they did a SP right after the first INQ. (might also have just been a coincidence with the timing of them looking like they do every month) There are two INQ's on EX. One went to TU.  I am so not wanting them mad at me for any reason. Three new accounts could upset them, but I hope not, since my overall debt number is going down.  UGH! I am getting paranoid for probably no reason. Smiley Frustrated

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Re: EX is so slow...

Now I went and apped Walmart and got a Walmart Discover. That will hit TU though I think.. Hopefully I did not just stab myself in the foot with AMEX. Smiley Embarassed I really wanted the FICOs. 

Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue with EX I had my baddies removed from TU & EQ with no problem but EX Is giving me such a hard time. I disputed the items online and they came back verified I am now in the process of sending the CA DV letters, I hope this works...
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The root of the problem may not be with EQ at all, but rather with the creditor.

If you disputed with any CRA, and the furnisher reported its deletion to that CRA based on their finding that the disputed information was either inaccurate of could not be verified, it was not sufficient for the furnisher to report those results only to the CRA through which the dispute was administered.

They were required under FCRA 623(b)(1)(D) to additionally report those results to each CRA to which the information was also reported.

Perhaps the creditor did not actually report deletion to all the CRAs.  I would not conclude that the creditor was not the issue.  They could very well be.

Message 4 of 5
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

The root of the problem may not be with EQ at all, but rather with the creditor.

If you disputed with any CRA, and the furnisher reported its deletion to that CRA based on their finding that the disputed information was either inaccurate of could not be verified, it was not sufficient for the furnisher to report those results only to the CRA through which the dispute was administered.

They were required under FCRA 623(b)(1)(D) to additionally report those results to each CRA to which the information was also reported.

Perhaps the creditor did not actually report deletion to all the CRAs.  I would not conclude that the creditor was not the issue.  They could very well be.

We are talking about prime/big players here. The card that came right off was Citi.  The two I am still waiting on are Chase and BofA.  The only bureau NOT removing them quickly is EX.  I would highly doubt the "big boys" would not disseminate the information to everyone, but I guess it is possible.  I think they are just less efficient there, but that is pure speculation.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.