Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX shotgun inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX shotgun inquiries

Hi all,

I recently but a car in Sept 09.  I checked my CR recently and noticed 5 inquires all on same date from different lenders.  I never knew they were going to mass inquiries.  Am i just screwed for 2 years until they fall off?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EX shotgun inquiries

The FICO scoring model takes "rate shopping" into account. As long as they're closer than 2 weeks, it'll score the same as 1 inquiry.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok sounds good for FICO score,  but what about lenders that look at inquiries?  ARe they going to see 5 or 1?

Message 3 of 6
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Other creditors will see 5, but they should be able to tell why they happened.  It won't be a problem, and if you do run into a snag, it will be easy to explain why you had all those inquiries on a single day.

Message 4 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Next time, when you shop for the car, make sure they dont send out your app to all the banks in the world.

Message 5 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Next time, when you shop for the car, make sure they dont send out your app to all the banks in the world.

Next time walk in with an approved check from your credit union. This way they won't pull at all. As for the inquiries any lender that sees them in these times is going to see 5 not 1.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.