Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX vs EQ scoring

tag
schnittles

EX vs EQ scoring

Hi,

I just pulled my myFICO credit scores for these two CR's.

They have the exact same information, the only exception being 1 extra INQ on EQ.

My reports have:

No negative indicators, always paid on time. 

Discover It (Joint Account)   1860/$15,000   opened Apr 12

AMEX (AU)                                2800/$8,100    opened Jul 13

AMEX (AU)                                     0/$10,900    opened Jun 13

Oldest Account 1yr 10mo

AAoA 1 yr

No Installment, Mortgages

INQs:   Cap1 10/21/13  (EQ & EX)

Comenity 9/10/13 (EQ & EX)

Pentagon 7/11/13 (Just EQ)

Cap1 3/6/13 (EQ & EX)

NOTHING else on my CR's so again the only difference is that 1 INQ on EQ from 7/11/13.

myFICO scores are:  

EQ 682

EX 771

Why the huge scoring gap?  Do these CRA's really score that much differently?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: EX vs EQ scoring

I believe that the EX version sold on this site is EX 08, and the EQ version is EQ 04 (there's also TU 98).

These are different formulas, and won't match.  Here's one of many threads on the topic:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/generalcredit/message-id/179016/...

Beyond that, have you checked your actual printed reports to see if they have identical information?

Message 2 of 4
schnittles

@user5387 wrote:

Beyond that, have you checked your actual printed reports to see if they have identical information?

I have my actual printed reports from each bureau and they are exactly as stated.

The only other differences are previous address listing, and Employer info.  But I wouldn't think this has anything to do with scoring???

Message 3 of 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

Different formulas will produce mismatches with identical information.

The only way I know to resolve this is to get into the details of the scoring models, or look into the bucketing angle.

Scoring models are aimed at various markets, and developed at particular times in history, and you may have to go deeper to figure this out.

There's no such thing as a single "right" score.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.