Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX vs. FICO

tag
AssistanceRequired
Valued Member

EX vs. FICO

Saturday, I got a copy of my credit report from EX and my score was 648. All my account balances were up to date.  Presently, I have FICO Score Monitor (EQ) 633 and Quarterly (TU) 648. Sunday, I got a copy of my EX through FICO, my score was 632, and all my account balances were incorrect reflecting higher balances than they actually are.

HELP, please explain what has happened.  I need a score of at least 660 on all three because there is an apartment in a complex I would like to apply for I am not sure which report they will pull. 

What can I do?  Thanks,  AssistanceRequired
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EX vs. FICO

Hello Assistance. Your EX just has not updated yet. Sometimes, the CRAs get stuck on pause and don't update for awhile. It seems that different people have problems with different CRAs not reporting. Some say it's EQ, for me it is TU, who is slow, while others yet state the TU is the quickest at reporting updates.

At any rate, you should give the CRA a good 30-45 days for the reports to update.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

I've had this happen as well.

Byrdman, do you mean that the cra (EX) doesn't update to myFico?

For example, myFico of 04/08 doesn't have correct balances that my updated report (after disputes) from TU has which was dated 04/01.

I think I was under the impression that myFico was basically a consolidation of all 3 reports at the time pulled with up to date info.  Wishful thinking?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFICO does not store the credit data-

It requests the data from the CRA's=

The data on your report has not been updated with your new ower balances-
Most will update w/i a few days of your statement.

Ignore any scores directly from EXperian- they are fako's.
Message 4 of 6
AssistanceRequired
Valued Member

Hi Folks,

Thank you all for your reply's.  You've given more perspective on how the information is transfered. 

I am just a little impatient.  It is very reassuring to have someplace to express your concerns and actually receive helpful and informed responses.  I have a bankruptcy dischaged in September 2006.  If I came here immediatily after the discharge, I would been a member of the 700 club by now.

Thanks again.

Assistance.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute your balances with experian online.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.