cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXP Score increases from 701-747 because of an 2% increase of utilization on a credit card???

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EXP Score increases from 701-747 because of an 2% increase of utilization on a credit card???

@805orbust wrote:
Yeah, they're right. I've had the same thing happen to me with the alerts. There may have been an unrelated event that coincided with the timing of the alert. HOWEVER...

This all makes sense once you realize that all scores are FAKO. Even Fico scores. :-)

Sorta, admittedly the only score that matters is the one the lender uses to underwrite your application; however, there are some scores that are NEVER used for a lender underwriting decision and those are worse than useless.  FICO scores at least all generally behave similarly certainly in the major categories.

        
Message 11 of 13
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: EXP Score increases from 701-747 because of an 2% increase of utilization on a credit card???

True. I've seen some crazy behavior from the different models as they react to the same changes. I read that report TThumb posted earlier about the classification of consumers... interesting. Makes me wonder what new classifications the algorithm will be identifying.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last summer I had a collection added and my score went up. Seriously. The alert reports your current score when it reports the event but the score increase is in spite of the utilization increase, not because of it.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.