cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of erroneous student loans on FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Effect of erroneous student loans on FICO?

I currently have 2 extra student loans on my Equifax report that aren't on my other 2 reports. Their current status is "Pays as agreed" and my report shows them as being in deferment. They also show as having $0 balance. I was wondering what would happen if I dispute these accounts and get them removed. Would my score go up or down? Or would there be no effect at all due to the age of the accounts (last reported in 9/2008)?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Effect of erroneous student loans on FICO?

@Anonymous wrote:
I currently have 2 extra student loans on my Equifax report that aren't on my other 2 reports. Their current status is "Pays as agreed" and my report shows them as being in deferment. They also show as having $0 balance. I was wondering what would happen if I dispute these accounts and get them removed. Would my score go up or down? Or would there be no effect at all due to the age of the accounts (last reported in 9/2008)?

I'd leave them personally.  Quite probably would lose points.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Effect of erroneous student loans on FICO?

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd leave them personally.  Quite probably would lose points.

Kinda what I thought.  Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.