Effect of no new credit for a year

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Effect of no new credit for a year

TU minus 7

EQ minus 5

EX minus 5

I particularly like the EQ drop - as the newest account aged to over a year they reduced my score because I had a new account.  This was not a problem before the account had its first birthday  Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Effect of no new credit for a year

I will be in the same boat in June with no new account younger then 1 year and no INQs under 1 year. I was hoping for a small gain in my scores.

LOL I'll be happy if they just stay where they are.

No good FICO deed goes unpunished .

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

MidnightVoice wrote:

TU minus 7

EQ minus 5

EX minus 5

I particularly like the EQ drop - as the newest account aged to over a year they reduced my score because I had a new account.  This was not a problem before the account had its first birthday  Smiley Very Happy

That's what you get for being a FICO High Achiever! Congrats, I think. Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Basically I think my TU and EQ will be static for years.  I have a couple of dreaded "Financials" there that won't go away for years, and only one AC is due to drop off this year, so I am stuck with 20 TLs.  I don't PIF in advance, so nearly all my cards show a balance every month.  My car loan is 25% through, and that might improve things just a little.  But as TU is 780+ and EQ is 790+, I am not bothered - they are good enough  Smiley Very Happy

EX is <740, but that one will steadily improve as my HELOC gets paid off.

And I only have 1 inq that counts (EQ - March drop off) 

Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Still say re-do'ing the HELOC to get a $40K+ CL (or whichever it takes for EX to count it as revolving) would spare you some grey hairs, but as you say, since you're not doing the app'ing dance, it's irrelevant.

Congrats on reaching the high score flatlines. You and psychic can commiserate.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I might be doing that at some point - need to replace the decks  Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.