Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect on Scoring of Aged Accounts

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Effect on Scoring of Aged Accounts

Used my free EX pull and although I opened a new account last month the score did not change. Utilization was the same at under 2%. Scoreable inquiries went from 11 to 6. New accounts opened in the past year went from 14 to 7 but I still see the red flag on Credit at a Glance. Evidently I got no score movement on 7 accounts reaching the year old anniversary. Negatives listed still are the same. Public records short credit history and seeking new credit. I have three red flags. Total accounts 34. Accounts opened in the past year 7 and public records. I definitely have hit the wall for my file if I cannot get any movement on new accounts opened in the past year going from 14 to 7.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Effect on Scoring of Aged Accounts

Small,

My last report I got flagged for having 3 new accounts in the last year, so it is possible that you have lost the max in the new credit account for inquiries/accounts at the numbers you are at. I bet you if those other 7 come off your score goes up.
Message 2 of 3
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Effect on Scoring of Aged Accounts

@Anonymous wrote:
Small,
My last report I got flagged for having 3 new accounts in the last year, so it is possible that you have lost the max in the new credit account for inquiries/accounts at the numbers you are at. I bet you if those other 7 come off your score goes up.

Well I have a bit of a wait on my hands then. Opened a Juniper account in September 2 Citi cards last October and last month another Citi card. 3 more accounts will age to a year by the end of this month.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.