Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eq will not budge.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eq will not budge.

So I've been working on my credit and monitoring it religiously for months from myfico. I do have 3b premier. So I opened a ssl from Alliant. It has reported on all 3. Ex went up 26pts to 742 . Tu has stayed 742 and eq is still 690. It hasn't moved up from anything. My aaoa is only 4 months across 3 with the longest being 1.5 or so years being an au on a cap 1 card. I'm just confused on why their is such a different between all of them. I do have a fraud flag on eq which I have no idea about? Maybe that's affecting it?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Eq will not budge.

@Anonymous wrote:
So I've been working on my credit and monitoring it religiously for months from myfico. I do have 3b premier. So I opened a ssl from Alliant. It has reported on all 3. Ex went up 26pts to 742 . Tu has stayed 742 and eq is still 690. It hasn't moved up from anything. My aaoa is only 4 months across 3 with the longest being 1.5 or so years being an au on a cap 1 card. I'm just confused on why their is such a different between all of them. I do have a fraud flag on eq which I have no idea about? Maybe that's affecting it?

A few questions:

(1)  Did you pay the loan down to < $44 before April 26?  If not, that is one reason you might see no benefit on one or more of the three bureaus.

(2)  Are you certain that the loan has appeared in the database of all three bureaus?  A given account can appear at one bureau and yet still not have shown up a week later at the others.  If the loan has appeared at EX but not yet at EQ or TU, his would explain why you would seen no scoring benefit there.

(3)  Are you certain that you had no open installment account at all three bureaus before April 30?  If you had an open installment account at TU or EQ, this would also explain why you would seen no scoring benefit there.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have two scores that are 50+ points higher than the third, it would suggest to me that there's a negative item or something going on with that third bureau.  The SSL lean IMO would not have an impact on this.  Congrats on executing the SSL technique and scooping up those 25-30 points.  I'd definitely look into all of your reports though across the 3B and try to identify the difference between your lower score compared to the other 2.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Positive there is no other installment loans. I have a clean file low Uti. The only thing on my eq is that fraud flag which I'm sure has no affect. It has reported to all 3 since I have received alerts.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

And although the subject line of your post is about EQ, you are saying that there has been no change in your TU or EQ score.  Not even by a point.  Is that right?  And this is after receiving an alert from TU and EQ showing that the Alliant loan had appeared?

Also, can you clarify the answer to my other question?  Namely, did you pay the loan down to $44 and on what date did you do that?

Your experience is such start contrast to the hundreds and hundreds of other people who have executed the Alliant SS loan technique, that BBS and I are almost sure there must be something else going on. 

When you say that you have no other installment loans, that includes installment accounts of any kind?  Mortgage, student, car loans?  Financing accounts to buy something at Rooms To Go or a washer/dryer at Best Biy or anything else like that?

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, to be clear, your starting scores (pre-SSL) were EX 716, TU 742 and EQ 690?

Then after the SSL reported, your EX score went up 26 points and matched your TU score at 742?  As CGID asked, what is the utilization percentage that you paid the SSL down to?

Taking the SSL out of the equation, scores of 716/742/690 to me suggest the presence of different scoring criteria, that is, data on those 3 credit reports held by the different CRAs.  That's a 52 point spread between top and bottom score.  Typical spread is usually not more than 20-25 points, with only outliers reporting a spread of 26 up to 36 points; I don't believe anyone has ever reported a variance between scores of more than 36 points under FICO 08 with identical information on their reports.

Have you obtained copies of your credit reports from the 3 different bureaus?  If I were you I would and definitely go through them looking for variances.  I feel like you may be overlooking something and that the SSL isn't the variable that should be under the microscope quite yet.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with BBS.  You may want to go with the $1 trial at Credit Check Total.  That will give you a merged 3B report and all three FICO 8 scores.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though I have 3b premier I should still get the credit check total? I have checked equifax and there is nothing on it that's different. The ssl is not less than 44. So that could be it. I was just confused why only experian changed. And no I have no installment loans of any kind. I have a pretty thin file with multiple new cards that have already reported for 2 months. I was notified from myfico when the loan hit my reports and only ex changed.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you get a trial membership for $1 from CCT you'll get your three FICO 08 scores at the exact moment in time when you sign up as well as those 3B reports that you can go through and look for variances between the bureaus.  If you cancel within 7 days, you'll only be charged that initial $1 but will be able to pull your scores and reports 1 more time between Day 7 and Day 10 (your choice).

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I purchased trial from cct. My reports are all the same. Except eq has 6 inquiries instead of 7. All the same amount of debt reported. Everything exactly the same.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.