Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax AND Experian: tax lien removal, score changes, notes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax AND Experian: tax lien removal, score changes, notes

I began disputing my lien about 6 months ago when I got an alert from CK that it had been Released. EQ and TU removed the liens via a Credit Karma dispute fairly quickly. I just disputed  with EX on 11/17. I got an alert that my credit report would be updated and no move in score just yet. My lien is from 2015 while on a payment plan with the IRS. 

Message 31 of 34
BIGSTARXXX
New Contributor

I finally got my paid IRS Tax lien off my Equifax - paid in 2012. I filed a dispute via the CFPB since the lien did not have my full social. After roughly 40 days EQ deleted it - score went from 728 to 786. All scores now in 770's-780's. Yeah.

Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too just had a paid federal tax lien from 2012 removed, at TU.  Score shot up from 712 to 780.  My mid-score is now 778.....pretty good timing given I am refinancing 3 mortgages in the next couple months!

Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, I filed a complaint with the CFPB against EQ. I haven't tried to get the tax lien removed from TU since the new rule went into effect. I figure I should dispute once more with them. If it comes back verified, I'll file a complaint against them too.

After a second complaint against EQ with the CFPB, one complaint with the BBB and another call into EQ's call center, EQ finally removed the state tax lien that was on the CR. EQ score went to 850, but there was a remaining 30-day late that aged off the CR naturally in the same month, so I'm not sure how many points I got for the tax lien removal only.  I think the second complaint would have gone through normal channels and ended up with the typical dispute results had I not intercepted the process at the last minute.

I also filed a complaint against TU with the CFPB and they removed the tax lien fairly quickly.  My TU score increase by 20pts.

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.