Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Credit Score from CapitalOne Credit Limit Increase Letter

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Equifax Credit Score from CapitalOne Credit Limit Increase Letter

I have been a member of score watch for 6 months. I recently requested a cli from capitalone and recieved a letter stating my account was ineligable because of a recent change.

The score at the bottom was from 4/30/14 and is 70 points higher than my Equifax Fico credit score from any point of this year. It is also 70 points higher than the Experian Preimiere credit score.

Is this due to different scoring methods? I just find it interesting to see CapitalOne's credit score from Equifax to be so dramatically different. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Credit Score from CapitalOne Credit Limit Increase Letter

The EQ score available here has recently changed from 04 to 08.

I presume the EX score you mention is a FAKO.

Beyond this, Cap One may be using a "bankcard enhanced" or proprietary score.

So it's not surprising that scores don't match, since different formulas will produce different numbers.

Message 2 of 4
IamB2
Established Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I have been a member of score watch for 6 months. I recently requested a cli from capitalone and recieved a letter stating my account was ineligable because of a recent change.

The score at the bottom was from 4/30/14 and is 70 points higher than my Equifax Fico credit score from any point of this year. It is also 70 points higher than the Experian Preimiere credit score.

Is this due to different scoring methods? I just find it interesting to see CapitalOne's credit score from Equifax to be so dramatically different. 

The letter you received should say if the score they used is a FICO score. If it doesn't mention the word "FICO" in the reference to the score, it is likely a proprietary score of sorts....

Hope that helps at least a little bit.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 3 of 4
GFer
Valued Contributor

I requested CLI from Cap1 and was denied due to lack of use. I pulled my FICO's a few days later and my Cap1 score was about 2 points less than my fico. But then, the Cap1 score was older. It did say it was a FICO.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.