Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Dispute - Can't Understand :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Dispute - Can't Understand :(

Hey everone, been reading and browsing the forums and finding a lot of helpful information to rebuild/build up my credit! 

I recently submit a dispute with Equifax for two Sallie Mae loans that showed 90 day late payments in January 2014. Both of the accounts are paid in full in 2016/2017.

I submit the dispute because I thought I was in forberance at the time and shouldn't be marked as late.

Equifax sent me back the dispute and indicated both accounts have been "updated." But after reading the Equifax report I have no idea what was updated, if my 90day late was removed or what happened exactly Smiley Frustrated

Can you guys help me interpret what the report means? Has the 90 day late been removed?

Images are below of the dispute and credit karma payment history for both accounts.

http://imgur.com/a/Nwto9

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax Dispute - Can't Understand :(

Hrm, that's passing strange to see a singleton 90D late with prior history before it on EQ.... doesn't look like it was deleted though.

I wouldn't talk to the bureau in this case, find out explicitly if you were in forebearance or not first which presumably means chatting with Sallie or Navient.

        
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very confusing to me Smiley Sad since I really did think I was in forberance status, which I think credit karma indicated with the "U"

Equifax didn't even go back to 2014 in the dispute, which was also very odd since that is what I was disputing. Smiley Mad

When I spoke to them about a year ago, they were clueless because they couldn't look back that far or something. It was very difficult to try and speak to reps/supervisors due to their lack of knowledge on the situation...should I push harder?

The goodwill route is a long journey and I'm not even too sure who to contact given it was Sallie and now Navient and the goodwill info changes. Also, it is not guaranteed that will help.

Message 3 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Why chase Goodwill?

Either you were in forbearance or you weren't.  If you were, get the documentation stating such (I'm not an expert on SL's but I presume such things exist from said lenders) and then attack the bureaus with the dispute again.

If you weren't, then it's reporting mostly right anyway presumably if you were indeed late.  Goodwill enters here, but if it's reporting wrong because it was in forbearance, then that's a different story.

        
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Hrm, that's passing strange to see a singleton 90D late with prior history before it on EQ.... doesn't look like it was deleted though.

I wouldn't talk to the bureau in this case, find out explicitly if you were in forebearance or not first which presumably means chatting with Sallie or Navient.

It's not odd - student loans typically are not actually reported as deliquent until they are 90 days late.

The account was updated because of the remarks, the lates were not removed, as they are accurate.

You'd have to talk to the OC for good will.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

how can you tell they are accurate from the dispute report? am i missing something on there?

by any chance do you have a goodwill contact for sallie/navient?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

when you say get the documentation, can i request this over the phone or have to send something written. as i was mentioning before, over the phone has not been effective for me yet. i will try again.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.