Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Hates me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Hates me

I'm trying to recover my credit from stupid choices I made a few years ago.  recently I payed off 3000 of my 6000 credit card debt in an effort to get ready to (hopefully) buy a house next year.  In the last two years I've brought my experian up 54 points transunion 85 points but my equifax has only come up 15 (and is between 50 and 95 points lower than the other scores)  After my latest two payments posted of 1200 dollars my Equifax score DROPPED 3 points!?! Any one have any ideas what I need to do to get equifax to 1 reflect scores closer to my others or 2 show an increase? it's crazy to me that lowering my utilization by 15 percent would cause a score drop.

Any help is appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Hates me

Sounds like there is a difference in the actual reports.  Are all creditors reporting on all reports?  Are all derogs listed the same on all reports?  I had an account that was on all 3 reports but was listed a bit differently on TU.  It caused FICO to think my most recent late payment was 2 months ago on my TU report.  Look at the scoring factors and figure out what is different...lates, utilization, last account being opened, etc.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Equifax Hates me

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to recover my credit from stupid choices I made a few years ago.  recently I payed off 3000 of my 6000 credit card debt in an effort to get ready to (hopefully) buy a house next year.  In the last two years I've brought my experian up 54 points transunion 85 points but my equifax has only come up 15 (and is between 50 and 95 points lower than the other scores)  After my latest two payments posted of 1200 dollars my Equifax score DROPPED 3 points!?! Any one have any ideas what I need to do to get equifax to 1 reflect scores closer to my others or 2 show an increase? it's crazy to me that lowering my utilization by 15 percent would cause a score drop.

Any help is appreciated

Lowering your utilization would not cause your score to drop.

You should pull your 3 reports and compare the Equifax report carefully to the others to see what the differences are.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.