Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Reports

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Equifax Reports

Currently disputing a child support tradeline so I wanted to see if there was a scoring difference w/o this account counted. Equifax FICO reports are still showing every closed account as still open. Anyone else having this problem with their EQ reports here?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax Reports

I have an account that was closed about three years ago that EQ still thinks is open. The old payment factors into my overall payments too, but I think that I will remain mum about it, as it will help more in the long run to remain "open".

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Junejer wrote:
I have an account that was closed about three years ago that EQ still thinks is open. The old payment factors into my overall payments too, but I think that I will remain mum about it, as it will help more in the long run to remain "open".

Are you sure it is helping? EQ is by far my lowest score and both EX and TU are reporting these closed accounts properly.
Message 3 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

This is an account in good standing (never late), was opened in 2003 (so now older than my new avg age of 5 yrs.) and will stay on my credit report for up to 10 years after it closes (helping avg age). Yeah, I am pretty sure it's helping now.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.