Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Score Power = EQ-04?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Score Power = EQ-04?

I'm considering applying for the US Bank Cash+ sometime in the next few months, but I read that they sometimes pull FICO 04. Since I had no idea what my FICO 04 scores were I bought Equifax's Score Power which I read would give my EQ-04 score.

I put in my info, verified my identity, and then the Equifax Dashboard comes up with a score of 801!!! I'm still ecstatic but I have a hard time believing it. I thought the max EQ-04 score was 818? I have a very hard time believing my EQ-04 would only be 17 pts from a perfect score.

My file isn't that thick.

Total Accounts: 6 (1 student loan, 2 auto loans, 3 credit cards)

Open Accounts: 2 (2 credit cards)

Oldest account: ~11 yrs

AAoA: ~5 yrs

AAoOA: 4 months

Inquiries: 2 (EQ: 1, TU: 0, EX: 1)

Current Utilization: 1%

Lates 30/60/90: 0/0/0

So does anyone know if Score Power really provides an EQ-04 score? If so, is this on the real world score range of 334 to 818?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Equifax Score Power = EQ-04?

Score Power gives you a FICO 04 score. Your credit profile looks fantastic. I'm not surprised that you've hit the 800's.

Message 2 of 14
thirst305
New Contributor

you tempted me to waste some money buying EQ Score Power.. Boo, my score is 55 points lower on 04,  823 on MyFico and 768 on EQSP boooooo

I have no lates!!!  whats up with that?

Ch7 BK discharged 3/2009
Bloomies (10/99): 4k Alliant (8/10): 4k
SCEFCU Visa (9/12): 6k SCEFCU auto (9/12): 22k
Barclays Apple (10/11): 5k iTunes: 3k SLM: 15k
Amazon (8/12): 15k Walmart store (9/12): 6K
Partners (9/12): 20k CapOnex2 (1/10): 10k Discover IT (3/13): 5k
SDFCU: 20k Amex BCE: 8k
Message 3 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

@thirst305 wrote:

you tempted me to waste some money buying EQ Score Power.. Boo, my score is 55 points lower on 04,  823 on MyFico and 768 on EQSP boooooo

My discrepancy is 47 points. 727 Score Power, and 774 Score Watch. I wish I knew what would make the scores converge....

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thirst305 wrote:

I don't know what's up with that... I'm sorry you wasted $20.

Like I said, I didn't believe the equifax score myself.

Just to prove I'm not making it up:

Current MyFICO scores for comparison:

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HiLine wrote:

Score Power gives you a FICO 04 score. Your credit profile looks fantastic. I'm not surprised that you've hit the 800's.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Yes the EQ Score Power is a true FICO score but it's a FICO 04 model vs. the FICO 08 model here at myFICO. They use different formulas to calculate the same data so there will be variances.

Message 7 of 14
sam818
Valued Member

I believe you are mistaken: According to the Equifax consumer site they use a proprietary Equifax score and NOT a FICO score. In their FAQs they specifically point to that differentiation:

QUOTE:
Both the Equifax Credit Score and the FICO Score are general-purpose score models used to predict credit risk.  
The Equifax Credit Score is a proprietary model created by Equifax.  
The FICO Score is a proprietary model created by Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) .  
All Equifax consumer services and tools make use of the Equifax Credit Score unless otherwise indicated

Message 8 of 14
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@thirst305 wrote:

I don't know what's up with that... I'm sorry you wasted $20.

Like I said, I didn't believe the equifax score myself.

Just to prove I'm not making it up:

Current MyFICO scores for comparison:

801 is the time you pulled it on 11/22/14

J/K, Congrats, AWESOME score.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 9 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@sam818 wrote:

I believe you are mistaken: According to the Equifax consumer site they use a proprietary Equifax score and NOT a FICO score. In their FAQs they specifically point to that differentiation:

QUOTE:
Both the Equifax Credit Score and the FICO Score are general-purpose score models used to predict credit risk.  
The Equifax Credit Score is a proprietary model created by Equifax.  
The FICO Score is a proprietary model created by Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) .  
All Equifax consumer services and tools make use of the Equifax Credit Score unless otherwise indicated

They offer both. They couldn't use the trademark name "FICO" without offering the product. It's the FICO 04 scoring model. From Equifax FICO score:

EQ.JPG

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.