Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Score Problem

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Score Problem

My Equifax reports only two of my five positive tradelines. (Which leads me to believe it will be my lowest score.) Experian and Trans Union report all five. Now, when people speak of a FICO score, which credit report do they refer to the most? If my bank for example says your FICO was blah blah blah, does that mean they pulled Equifax, Experian or TU? Or is it a combination of all three?

Also, since Equifax does not post three of my positive TL's, can I "dispute" this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Score Problem

All three of the major CRAs have a FICO score customized for them, so just saying FICO score is very non-specific. To make matters worse, there are different vintages of FICO scores, and FICO scores that are specialized. However, the three scores you pull at this website, are the best scores you can buy. They are "classic" (mortgage) FICO scores. Your bankcard enhanced score will be different, as will your auto-enhanced score.

The way to get those TLs onto Equifax is to call the lenders and ask them to report to Equifax.
Message Edited by athensguy on 10-01-2008 06:04 PM
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I suppose if someone springs the "your FICO score is" thing at you, you can jump back with "which credit bureau, and which version of their FICO scoring formula?" Few things scarier than educated consumers. Smiley Wink

The only instance I can think of for a probably bureau would be a CU, which usually pulls EQ. But certainly not always.

Oh, and also, if you live in the upper Midwest, apparently TU is all over that area. But still, not exclusively.

When "people" in general refer to your FICO score, it generally means that they don't know what they're talking about. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Educated consumers. The head of finance at the dealership where I just purchased my car told me your DTI will raise or lower your FICO scores. Sure. As in if I make 100K for arguments and have 0 reported debt it naturally follows my score will be higher than if I have 24K left on a 25K car loan. Where do these people get their info? Dave Ramsey? Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

smallfry wrote:
Educated consumers. The head of finance at the dealership where I just purchased my car told me your DTI will raise or lower your FICO scores. Sure. As in if I make 100K for arguments and have 0 reported debt it naturally follows my score will be higher than if I have 24K left on a 25K car loan. Where do these people get their info? Dave Ramsey? Smiley Happy
Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
GFer
Valued Contributor

smallfry

stirring it up again....lol

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.