Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Selling FICO Scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Selling FICO Scores?

MyFICO sells credit scores for all 3 credit agencies. Equifax only sells the FICO score for Equifax. You might have a score for Experian or Transunion from MyFICO. Check to see if you bought all 3 or just Equifax.

Equifax and MyFico use the same exact FICO formula both provided from Fair Isaacs the owner of the formula software. Scores should be exactly the same. ScoreWatch is slightly different, but scores are the same.
Message 11 of 18
Neblett
Regular Contributor

The scores that I am looking at are both Equifax.

And yes, the information from EQ on both reports is exactly the same. In fact, the EQ FICO report looks even better than the one from MyFICO - but MyFICO is still 50 points higher.

And, yes, I agree the scores SHOULD be exactly the same. But they're not. I SHOULD be able to qualify for a credit card with a couple of my scores, but I can't. I SHOULD already be in a car, but I'm not.

Message Edited by Neblett on 06-28-2007 10:12 PM
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Neblett wrote:
The scores that I am looking at are both Equifax.

And yes, the information from EQ on both reports is exactly the same. In fact, the EQ FICO report looks even better than the one from MyFICO - but MyFICO is still 50 points higher.

And, yes, I agree the scores SHOULD be exactly the same. But they're not. I SHOULD be able to qualify for a credit card with a couple of my scores, but I can't. I SHOULD already be in a car, but I'm not.

Message Edited by Neblett on 06-28-2007 10:12 PM

Contact both MyFICO and Equifax and tell them what happened. They can help or ask them to pull your scores over again. They should match this time. Something had to change. Sometimes it is hard to see. It skips past me all the time. You should be able to get them to pull a new score..

Actually repull the one you did FIRST!. Maybe it will match the other one since something had to have change.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps the mismatch is related to the problem reported here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=17405
Message 14 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

dog wrote:
can you post a link to this?

Neblett wrote:
Equifax is claiming it's selling FICO Scores on its website....

No, its EX!  But maybe the other two are doing the same.
Message 15 of 18
Neblett
Regular Contributor

No, it is not Experian.

It is Equifax.
Message 16 of 18
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

It is possible that it is slow updating on MyFICO.  For example, I have a new cc that I have run up a big bill on (deliberately) the first month.  It has reported the balance to all 3, and as I expected, my TC FAKO for EQ has taken a hit because if utilization % going up (from about 5 to about 26%).  (and yes everyone, it will be Piffed to hit the magic number  Smiley Happy).  So far, scorewatch has not hit me with a decrease.  I am really expecting one soon.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 17 of 18
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Yep, slow updating on MyFICO.

MyFICO reported my score the same as the EQ FICO today.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.