Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Re: Equifax Selling FICO Scores?

MyFICO sells credit scores for all 3 credit agencies. Equifax only sells the FICO score for Equifax. You might have a score for Experian or Transunion from MyFICO. Check to see if you bought all 3 or just Equifax.

Equifax and MyFico use the same exact FICO formula both provided from Fair Isaacs the owner of the formula software. Scores should be exactly the same. ScoreWatch is slightly different, but scores are the same.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Regular Contributor
Neblett

[ Edited ]
The scores that I am looking at are both Equifax.

And yes, the information from EQ on both reports is exactly the same. In fact, the EQ FICO report looks even better than the one from MyFICO - but MyFICO is still 50 points higher.

And, yes, I agree the scores SHOULD be exactly the same. But they're not. I SHOULD be able to qualify for a credit card with a couple of my scores, but I can't. I SHOULD already be in a car, but I'm not.

Message Edited by Neblett on 06-28-2007 10:12 PM
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Neblett wrote:
The scores that I am looking at are both Equifax.

And yes, the information from EQ on both reports is exactly the same. In fact, the EQ FICO report looks even better than the one from MyFICO - but MyFICO is still 50 points higher.

And, yes, I agree the scores SHOULD be exactly the same. But they're not. I SHOULD be able to qualify for a credit card with a couple of my scores, but I can't. I SHOULD already be in a car, but I'm not.

Message Edited by Neblett on 06-28-2007 10:12 PM

Contact both MyFICO and Equifax and tell them what happened. They can help or ask them to pull your scores over again. They should match this time. Something had to change. Sometimes it is hard to see. It skips past me all the time. You should be able to get them to pull a new score..

Actually repull the one you did FIRST!. Maybe it will match the other one since something had to have change.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Established Contributor
Revike

Perhaps the mismatch is related to the problem reported here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=17405
Moderator Emeritus
fused

dog wrote:
can you post a link to this?

Neblett wrote:
Equifax is claiming it's selling FICO Scores on its website....

No, its EX!  But maybe the other two are doing the same.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Regular Contributor
Neblett

No, it is not Experian.

It is Equifax.
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

It is possible that it is slow updating on MyFICO.  For example, I have a new cc that I have run up a big bill on (deliberately) the first month.  It has reported the balance to all 3, and as I expected, my TC FAKO for EQ has taken a hit because if utilization % going up (from about 5 to about 26%).  (and yes everyone, it will be Piffed to hit the magic number  :smileyhappy:).  So far, scorewatch has not hit me with a decrease.  I am really expecting one soon.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Regular Contributor
Neblett

Yep, slow updating on MyFICO.

MyFICO reported my score the same as the EQ FICO today.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}