Regular Contributor

Equifax Selling FICO Scores?

Equifax is claiming it's selling FICO Scores on its website, with its own ScoreWatch and Score Simulator programs. They say that they use the FICO scoring formula.

Anyone else know anything about this?

I took a chance and bought the service for a month, and there's almost a 100 point difference from MyFICO and the EQ FICO score. In fact, my EQ Score Power report (from the EQ site) has LESS negatives on it than the FICO report, but my score is considerably less.

What the hey?

BTW - Before people start sending responses with the standard set of answers, I KNOW that "you can only get FICO scores from FICO" - but Equifax is explicitly stating that it uses FICO software and that FICO has endorsed their scoring. This is where this is somewhat different.
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax Selling FICO Scores?

WTF are you talking about?
Established Contributor

can you post a link to this?

Neblett wrote:
Equifax is claiming it's selling FICO Scores on its website....

Regular Contributor

ScoreWatch: http://www.equifax.com/cs/Satellite?pagename=swe_detail&DATI=ACoBADFhMloAADxu2WGsOv%2Bi1FG8MYCdPl7F3h2X6xCfahwGkbhPaAL4AHKRsWbJcp4K%2BeFt%0AJSBrB4jXns72T0Q1kSBY%2Bv6VUkC%2FXfyxbs%2Bs4AqEF5wZBthocO6MacpY9XGfkjP6T7QeTYgG%0AGEe%2B1ooe5o%2FpRwmYlkRT8VYm%2F%2BqXf4EfPMPtZM1Sl2vxL7mtvRtdUIWtp1B8s0A9

Score Power: http://www.equifax.com/fico-credit-score/
Regular Contributor

Here's what I get from the EQ FICO ScoreWatch program:

Type of Account Number of Accounts Total Balance of Accounts
Mortgage 0 $0
Installment 28 $98,713
Revolving 4 $56
Other 0 $0
Total Accounts 32 $98,769

Number of Open Accounts: 8
Number of Closed Accounts: 24
Total Accounts in Good Standing: 30
Accounts Currently Past Due: 0
Negative Account History: 0
Inquiries in Last 12 Months: 32

With 30 Accounts in Good Standing and 0 Negs and 0 Past Due, why is my score "Poor"?
Moderator Emeritus

Neblett wrote:
Equifax is claiming it's selling FICO Scores on its website, with its own ScoreWatch and Score Simulator programs. They say that they use the FICO scoring formula.

Anyone else know anything about this?

I took a chance and bought the service for a month, and there's almost a 100 point difference from MyFICO and the EQ FICO score. In fact, my EQ Score Power report (from the EQ site) has LESS negatives on it than the FICO report, but my score is considerably less.

What the hey?

BTW - Before people start sending responses with the standard set of answers, I KNOW that "you can only get FICO scores from FICO" - but Equifax is explicitly stating that it uses FICO software and that FICO has endorsed their scoring. This is where this is somewhat different.

An EQ score from their website will be the same as a FICO EQ score.  Not true for the other two CRAs though.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1, EQ 1

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Visa ~ CITI Dividend Platinum World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Regular Contributor

fused111 wrote:

An EQ score from their website will be the same as a FICO EQ score.  Not true for the other two CRAs though.

REALLY?!

MyFICO says my score is 622, while EQ FICO says its 585.  My math skills may be a little fuzzy, but I know they ain't equal.
Moderator Emeritus

Neblett wrote:

fused111 wrote:

REALLY?!

MyFICO says my score is 622, while EQ FICO says its 585.  My math skills may be a little fuzzy, but I know they ain't equal.

If you pull your EQ report from equifax. com with a score, then come to my FICO and pull your FICO EQ score, they are suppose to be indentical.  Unless of course, something suddenly happens in the span of time it took you to pull both.

So you pulled an EQ from this site and one from equifax.com?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1, EQ 1

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Visa ~ CITI Dividend Platinum World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Regular Contributor

fused111 wrote:

If you pull your EQ report from equifax. com with a score, then come to my FICO and pull your FICO EQ score, they are suppose to be indentical.  Unless of course, something suddenly happens in the span of time it took you to pull both.

Yes, I did.  Both today.
Moderator Emeritus

Neblett wrote:

fused111 wrote:

Yes, I did.  Both today.

The scores should be the same. Are there any differences in the two reports? You bought an updated MyFICO report right?
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.