Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax UNFREAKING real!

tag
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Equifax UNFREAKING real!

ok guys so im gonna vent a little bit here cope with me... so about a couple of weeks ago i notice there was a Jefferson collection that was not mine (a couple of years ago someone opened about two-three accounts under my name) during this same time i had gone from 627 to 710 just by paying off my two cards down to 2%, i was estatic about this.. Going back to the collection I called equifax and disputed it, and send them documents from new york police, dmv, and the courts stating that someone was arrested impersonating me. During this call the guy asked me "sir would you like for us to put a fraud alert on your credit file" my response was clearly NO!!!!! about a week or two after that i get a score watch alert 681!!! what??? how can this be??? I just purchased my fico equifax and lord and behold it states that there is a fraud alert on my file  OMG!!!!! Im soooo mad right now i cant wait till the morning to see who authorize this... could this have possibly been what brought my score down???? meanwhile transunion is at 727 i cant believe this im soo upset.

CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Equifax UNFREAKING real!

A fraud alert would not drop your score.

Something else had to have happened.

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

A fraud alert would not drop your score.

Something else had to have happened.

+1

Message 3 of 5
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

@TwinGirls19 wrote:

ok guys so im gonna vent a little bit here cope with me... so about a couple of weeks ago i notice there was a Jefferson collection that was not mine (a couple of years ago someone opened about two-three accounts under my name) during this same time i had gone from 627 to 710 just by paying off my two cards down to 2%, i was estatic about this.. Going back to the collection I called equifax and disputed it, and send them documents from new york police, dmv, and the courts stating that someone was arrested impersonating me. During this call the guy asked me "sir would you like for us to put a fraud alert on your credit file" my response was clearly NO!!!!! about a week or two after that i get a score watch alert 681!!! what??? how can this be??? I just purchased my fico equifax and lord and behold it states that there is a fraud alert on my file  OMG!!!!! Im soooo mad right now i cant wait till the morning to see who authorize this... could this have possibly been what brought my score down???? meanwhile transunion is at 727 i cant believe this im soo upset.

During a dispute my EQ score always dropped then raised once the dispute was resolved. I can't remember exactly but something along the lines of AAOA or something like that changes maybe somebody else could chime in but always dropped 20 points while I was in dispute

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Collections and PRs are not removed from scoring during a dispute.  They are fully scored.

On OC accounts, certain aspects of the accounts are removed  including the balance,payment history and CL.  The other aspects like the age, impact to AAoA,  impact to your scoring bucket, etc, are fully scored.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.