Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax.com scoring model

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax.com scoring model

Does equifax use their own (proprietary) scoring model? my current FICO IS 780 (averge for 3 bureaus) and vantage 3.0 is 760.  i needed my equifax report so i just signed up for the $1 free trial to get my scores too. they were all showing just under 700. Why such a discrepency? I am now understanding that the equifax scoring model is just an educational score but my heart skipped a few beats when i saw the drastically lower scores. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax.com scoring model

@Anonymous wrote:

Does equifax use their own (proprietary) scoring model? my current FICO IS 780 (averge for 3 bureaus) and vantage 3.0 is 760.  i needed my equifax report so i just signed up for the $1 free trial to get my scores too. they were all showing just under 700. Why such a discrepency? I am now understanding that the equifax scoring model is just an educational score but my heart skipped a few beats when i saw the drastically lower scores. 

There's two different scores: if you signed up for Scorewatch or Scorepower it is EQ Beacon 5.0 (EQ FICO 5 here); if you did anything else it's proprietary.

Basically look for the FICO label on it.

        
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Equifax premier monitoring service is Equifax own proprietary score. It's not a FICO or Vantage version.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sticking with the vantagescore 3.0 (from the freebie sites) and the FICO 8 from my lenders should be good and accurate. Any other FAKO/propietary scores i think i am going to ignore. Would you all agree that is a good way to go? I have access to all 3 vantagescore 3.0 and FICO 8 Scores. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sticking with the vantagescore 3.0 (from the freebie sites) and the FICO 8 from my lenders should be good and accurate. Any other FAKO/propietary scores i think i am going to ignore. Would you all agree that is a good way to go? I have access to all 3 vantagescore 3.0 and FICO 8 Scores. 

Many credit unions use mortgage scores. My experience has been EQ FICO 5 and EX FICO 2.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.