cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax fico from Equifax.com score is about 15 points higher than Equifax fico here

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax fico from Equifax.com score is about 15 points higher than Equifax fico here

I wonder why 15 point differences with credit report information contained same information and calculated using samer model, which is FICO?   Model means: VANTAGE, FICO, or just Equifax, TransUnion or simply Experian.  So whenever a company using Fico or Vantage, if the information are same, therefore, the score should be the same, but it's not in this case here.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax fico from Equifax.com score is about 15 points higher than Equifax fico here

The score given on MyFico is the FICO 08 scoring method.  The score you get from Equifax.com is either their Equifax Plus Score which is a FAKO or their Equifax Score Power which is the FICO 04 scoring method.  Therefore the scores won't match.  There are approximately 50 different FICO scores available so it can be confusing at times.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-version...

Message 2 of 7
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax fico from Equifax.com score is about 15 points higher than Equifax fico here

@Anonymous wrote:

The score given on MyFico is the FICO 08 scoring method.  The score you get from Equifax.com is either their Equifax Plus Score which is a FAKO or their Equifax Score Power which is the FICO 04 scoring method.  Therefore the scores won't match.  There are approximately 50 different FICO scores available so it can be confusing at times.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-versions-and-variations/td-p/1197617

Actually, myFICO now gives all the most used scores: Generic, FICO 08, FICO 04, auto enhanced, & bank enhanced.  If you pulled your score from myFICO on or after 1/30/15, then you have the FICO scores lenders are using.  If you got a different score from Equifax, it wasn't a FICO score.  It was their own flavor and not a score used by most lenders.

Saying that the scores should be the same, because they use the same data is like saying the mean, median, & mode should be the same because they're all averages using the same data. The data is the same, but how it's viewed and calculated is different.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

equifax score power and score watch are fico 04. Equifax score plus is Fako

Message 4 of 7
slund5499
Established Contributor

EXperian is offering a true FICO score. I have been following both MiFico and EX scoring and they have been the same fo awhile now. There seems to be a 1-2 day lag until MyfICO updates. Strage occurance is that today Experian jumped 21 points today. I compared todays report with last week's report and they are virtually identical. Do not know if Experian is changing their scoring model to 09. There is no reason for the EX score to jump like this without some reference to an event.

Is anybody else seeing wierd scoring on Experian?

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@slund5499 wrote:

EXperian is offering a true FICO score. I have been following both MiFico and EX scoring and they have been the same fo awhile now. There seems to be a 1-2 day lag until MyfICO updates. Strage occurance is that today Experian jumped 21 points today. I compared todays report with last week's report and they are virtually identical. Do not know if Experian is changing their scoring model to 09. There is no reason for the EX score to jump like this without some reference to an event.

Is anybody else seeing wierd scoring on Experian?

Haven't tried their product, only realized they were providing an actual FICO score recently when I was trying to get my report (their online access has me persona non-grata for whatever reason) but not certain when they started offering it.  When I checked two weeks ago I read it was FICO 8.

How virtually identical is it? Smiley Happy

ETA: FICO press release 12/29 that Experian was now offering a FICO score, and the site is still advertising the same:

"Credit score calculated based on FICO Score 8 model. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO Score than FICO Score 8, or another type of credit score altogether"

        
Message 6 of 7
slund5499
Established Contributor

Virtually identical.....meaning my report has not changed. AAofA, Total Accounts open/closed, inquiries, installment lines, pay history, etc....are all the same. The only difference is Myfico shows 31% utilization while Experian shows 25%. Experian jumped 21 to 671....Myfico still at 654.

If MyFICO tracks EX like it has in the past then MyFICO should jumped the same in a couple of days.

Other than that....I do not see a difference between todays EX report and one from 6 days ago.

Just do not know.....

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.