cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax has no credit report for me, maybe the reason why I've been rejected by CC companies?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax has no credit report for me, maybe the reason why I've been rejected by CC companies?

Hey Guys, Im a 21 years old college student with no credit history. I checked my report with experian and transunion with no positive or negative reports on them. However, equifax told me: "We're sorry, for your protection we are unable to deliver your Equifax Free Annual Credit Report online." and asked me to mail them a bunch of information such as utitly bills, W2 form etc. 

They claim that they need those files to confirm my identity, but I suspect it's because they are trying to using those files to establish my credit report?

Also could that be the reason why CC companies have been rejecting me, (even though I applied for college credit card) because they cannot look up my report on Equifax?

thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Equifax has no credit report for me, maybe the reason why I've been rejected by CC companies?

For protetection of consumer's against unauthorized attainment of any credit information, the are fuly authorized by statute to request personal identification.

CRAs, in credit reports they issue, provide information on TLs reported by "furnishers of information," not their own independent report of your credit history.

"Furnishers" are  credtiors (and ultimately, should you be so unfortunate, debt collectors and vendors of public records).

Once you have an estalbished credit file, FICO will not generate a score based on that file until you have at least one TL with six months of reporting history.

Thus, CCCs could be basing their denials on either the absence of any attainable CR from the CRAs, or upon the absence of any FICO score based on your credit file.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.