Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax headache! (new to this board)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax headache! (new to this board)

Hello all

My problem is that last week I picked up equifax scorewatch which had my score at 615 which was on par with the report the mortgage company pulled. Well I call them to unlock my account (I put the wrong password in to many times :/) while I'm on the phone with them they tell me for 2 dollars more I can receive all 3 of my credit scores. I accepted this deal went to see the scores and BAM! All my scores are 40-50 points lower than the mortgage report AND the scorewatch report I had just received from Equifax. I instantly went on freakout mode and decided to take a breath and wait until the beginning of the month to see if maybe the scores change. Well they didnt so I decided to use myFICOs scorewatch. It reports my score at 634 which is well above my target of 620 for the mortgage company. The problem is which score should i believe? Which one are they most likely going to see when they repull my report? Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Rich

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax headache! (new to this board)

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the world of FAKO scores.

Those other 3 scores they gave you are FAKO scores and can be ignored.  You can get your TU FICO score here but you can't buy your EX FICO score here or anywhere else.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Smiley Happy

Is the score I received from myFICO correct or is that a FAKO also?

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The score from myFICO is a FICO.

The scores from Equifax.com are FAKOs called an "Equifax Credit Score" and lenders never use them.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.