Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax hokey reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax hokey reporting

I find it interesting that coinciding with my monthly credit card statement, Equifax reduces my score.  I paid the balance due the same day, and no report from Equifax in the three weeks since it happened.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax hokey reporting

Most CCC only update your credit report when the statement cuts.  If you are about to apply for a big loan, you can pre-pay credit card bills to reduce the balance reported to the CRA's.  Ideally, one card should report a balance all other should report 0.  Only worry about when you need a good score.  FICO does not have any memory for previous utilization.

Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Equifax hokey reporting

Equifax is the slowest reporting of the 3 CRA's - at least it is that way on my CR's.  They also are my lowest score - by far. Do as the previous poster suggested: if you know you are going to app for a loan or cc in the near future, pay your cc balances before the statement cuts so that the balance that reports is zero.  Then wait long enough to see them report before you apply.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.