Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax increase

My EQ increase from 628 to 644 just two days after I paid off my ca,r and clear small CC ( 300$) from 201$ to zero.

I wonder what make more impact.

Long way to go for me ; 19 000 $ debt on four CC and two store cards Smiley Wink

By the way, My transunion was 669 a month ago.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax increase

@Anonymous wrote:

My EQ increase from 628 to 644 just two days after I paid off my ca,r and clear small CC ( 300$) from 201$ to zero.

I wonder what make more impact.

Long way to go for me ; 19 000 $ debt on four CC and two store cards Smiley Wink

By the way, My transunion was 669 a month ago.

Paying down credit card debt has more positive impact than paying down installment loans.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800, 10/10-813
TU - 10/10-774
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. So, paying off my small cc make all this? While car was not that much important?

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your reply. So, paying off my small cc make all this? While car was not that much important?

Yes because the utilization on your credit card went from 67% to zero and that can mean quite a few points. I think that's probably the reason for your score increase.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800, 10/10-813
TU - 10/10-774
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Iztok, FICO does not score based on "liitle" or "large" credit limit cards. It scores on the basis of your % util of whatever the CL is.

So going from 67% util to 0 is huge in scoring of that card.

Installment loans have no where near the FICO scoring risk as revolving (credit card) util.  % util on an installment loan is a relatively minor scoring factor.

I have littlle doubt that the payment on the CC had significantly more impact than the installment loan.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score today went up to 671 Smiley Tongue

Just 20 days ago was 628, and pay off car and small CC from 295$ out of 300$ to zero; and as i report first went up to 644, and today to 671. 

Don't know what is going on, but yes i am happy 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.