Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax issues

I use Credit Karma to keep track of balances and such. I know that the score is fake... I signed on this a.m. to find my Equifax dropped 50 points. I looked at my credit factors and nothing changed. Same low Util. no lates or collections. I am a myFico subscriber, so I checked my score and still good. Then I ordered a 1B Equifax just to be sure no problems. But myFico hasn't provided the report. I'm thinking a problem at Equifax... Anyone else having issues?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax issues

You don't mention whether you printed out the report that Karma would supply -- and if so whether that report was drawn on today's data.  If both are true, you should review the actual report itself, rather than only relying on Karma's summary software, though that's a good first place to look.

Bear in mind that yesterday a major piece of the physical infrastructure of Atlanta collapsed in the early evening (during rush hour!).  EQ is headquarted in Atlanta.  It will be unclear how this disaster will play out in terms of impact to businesses, but I wouldn't be surprised if EQ's already existing problems are now worse.

Final thought, if I were you, I would be careful about paying myFICO to pull your report just because something screwy happens with your score.  That can get really expensive.  There are a lot of free methods for getting one's reports, including for example the well-known ACR.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't mention whether you printed out the report that Karma would supply -- and if so whether that report was drawn on today's data.  If both are true, you should review the actual report itself, rather than only relying on Karma's summary software, though that's a good first place to look.

Bear in mind that yesterday a major piece of the physical infrastructure of Atlanta collapsed in the early evening (during rush hour!).  EQ is headquarted in Atlanta.  It will be unclear how this disaster will play out in terms of impact to businesses, but I wouldn't be surprised if EQ's already existing problems are now worse.

Final thought, if I were you, I would be careful about paying myFICO to pull your report just because something screwy happens with your score.  That can get really expensive.  There are a lot of free methods for getting one's reports, including for example the well-known ACR.

The Credit Karma was my fresh update.

It's just strange and I'm pretty sure it a software glitch or something weird.

I did panic a little and try to pull the 1B Equifax from myFico.  I am in the beginning stages buying a house ( no mortgage apps yet) but I am looking for a house to buy.  I freaked a little Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I use Credit Karma to keep track of balances and such. I know that the score is fake... I signed on this a.m. to find my Equifax dropped 50 points. I looked at my credit factors and nothing changed. Same low Util. no lates or collections. I am a myFico subscriber, so I checked my score and still good. Then I ordered a 1B Equifax just to be sure no problems. But myFico hasn't provided the report. I'm thinking a problem at Equifax... Anyone else having issues?

In my case Equifax has dropped reporting on 5 of my closed accounts, closed only within the past year. Since one of those was among my oldest accounts, it seems to be suppressing my EQ score.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You couldn't pull a report from MyFico? What was the error? Did you call them?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ dropped 15 closed accounts from my report all on the same day. When I called to report the issue, EQ told me that all of those creditors had to have withdrawn the reports. When I told the EQ rep that that was mathematically impossible that 15 separate companies would suddenly do that for no reason and that I was sure there was a problem with their systems, she informed that their software was perfect and that it was impossible that there were any problems with it. She also told me that the only way to correct the problem was for me to contact these companies and request that they reinstate the reporting! Unbelievable! That was back in July 2017.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is as near to nothing with helping consumers about anything, different rules every hour of the day it appears, I sent in a letter to prove an account was paid off, three different ways, they sent it to who sent it to me lol. They are a joke and sure shouldn't have such control over consumers, especially since they think they have perfect systems, that's a joke in itself !!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed on to equifax 4 days ago to see they stripped away every AU account  had....now today I can't even get my Fico equifax score...they are so screwed up over there.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same happened to me with A/U account, they take away what's helping, refuse to fix or correct what's proven wrong ! They all need a good lesson in respect, without consumers they'd be unemployed !!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

somethings happening with Equifax and AU accounts because I have seen many posts for people having the same issue.... I wrote Equifax about the problem and they sent letters to Cap one saying i had issues...I then called Cap one and talked to them and they told me they report AU accounts to all three CB's and it has nothing to do with them. so who the heck knows. I believe Capital one because TU and Ex still have the AU account on my reports.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.