Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax not reporting Paid Auto Loan

tag
ladydeac
New Contributor

Equifax not reporting Paid Auto Loan

I recently traded my vehicle back at the end of April of this year.  TU and EX have both updated the old car as paid, but EQ still has yet to do so.  Since this is going on the third month, what is the best course of action - to call the company that I had the loan through, or to dispute via an EQ online dispute?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Equifax not reporting Paid Auto Loan

@ladydeac wrote:

I recently traded my vehicle back at the end of April of this year.  TU and EX have both updated the old car as paid, but EQ still has yet to do so.  Since this is going on the third month, what is the best course of action - to call the company that I had the loan through, or to dispute via an EQ online dispute?

I'd start by calling the finance company and asking them to make sure that they have reported it as closed to all three CRAs.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Equifax not reporting Paid Auto Loan

+1

Since the reported to two of the three, it is most likely and administrative oversight or delay.

Dsputing will place a dispute flag on your CR, messing up your score until the dispute is resolved.  That would be my last resort.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.