Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax not reporting open accounts

tag
docfr8
Valued Member

Equifax not reporting open accounts

In April 2007 I opened up two new auto lease accounts. One with Ford Motor for $29,063 and one with Audi Financial for $15,421. By now there is only 3 month on-time payment history on both accounts.
Both accounts are reporting on my Trans Union and Experian reports but not on my Equifax. Will it improve my Equifax score if I alert and request Ford and Audi to report these two accounts or should I leave as is?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax not reporting open accounts

I would ask Audi to report. Auto loans provide a good mix of credit and you want the TL to report to all three.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask what your credit scores were at the time you applied for the auto lease? Also did you apply for them on the same day? I leased a car in March 07 and am looking to buy/finance a new car in the next three to four months from a different dealer, while keeping the other lease. My original lease is for a jeep compass of 19000 and i have a new balance of 14500. I looked at a vehicle yesterday and they suggested leasing which may be a good idea. I just wasn't aware that you could lease two vehicles at the same time. Thanks for your response.

@docfr8 wrote:
In April 2007 I opened up two new auto lease accounts. One with Ford Motor for $29,063 and one with Audi Financial for $15,421. By now there is only 3 month on-time payment history on both accounts.
Both accounts are reporting on my Trans Union and Experian reports but not on my Equifax. Will it improve my Equifax score if I alert and request Ford and Audi to report these two accounts or should I leave as is?

Message 3 of 12
docfr8
Valued Member

Should I only alert Audi or both Audi and Ford? Will the information improve my Equifax Fico score?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should alert both parties. Not having it report is affecting your score. Besides, even though they are new tradelines, they have already aged quite a bit and now they will not hurt your scores anymore. You will reap the benefits of the positive reporting. P.S. My question regarding a dual lease and the scores you had. Thanks, I am going to buy this new car in Sept 07 and wanted to weigh lease vs. purchase. My income supports it. Thank you in advance.
Message 5 of 12
docfr8
Valued Member

I applied and was approved on both leases within 3 days
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, what were your scores at the time?
Message 7 of 12
docfr8
Valued Member

My scores were in the low 600's
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@docfr8 wrote:
My scores were in the low 600's

Wow, that's great news! Thank you for your assistance. Also, what were your down payment amounts on the Audi?>
Message 9 of 12
docfr8
Valued Member

Tuscani,

Should I request EQ to report both the Ford and Audi auto leases? The payment history is now 3 month.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.