Valued Member
docfr8

Equifax not reporting open accounts

In April 2007 I opened up two new auto lease accounts. One with Ford Motor for $29,063 and one with Audi Financial for $15,421. By now there is only 3 month on-time payment history on both accounts.
Both accounts are reporting on my Trans Union and Experian reports but not on my Equifax. Will it improve my Equifax score if I alert and request Ford and Audi to report these two accounts or should I leave as is?

Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Equifax not reporting open accounts

I would ask Audi to report. Auto loans provide a good mix of credit and you want the TL to report to all three.
Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

May I ask what your credit scores were at the time you applied for the auto lease? Also did you apply for them on the same day? I leased a car in March 07 and am looking to buy/finance a new car in the next three to four months from a different dealer, while keeping the other lease. My original lease is for a jeep compass of 19000 and i have a new balance of 14500. I looked at a vehicle yesterday and they suggested leasing which may be a good idea. I just wasn't aware that you could lease two vehicles at the same time. Thanks for your response.

docfr8 wrote:
In April 2007 I opened up two new auto lease accounts. One with Ford Motor for $29,063 and one with Audi Financial for $15,421. By now there is only 3 month on-time payment history on both accounts.
Both accounts are reporting on my Trans Union and Experian reports but not on my Equifax. Will it improve my Equifax score if I alert and request Ford and Audi to report these two accounts or should I leave as is?

Valued Member
docfr8

Should I only alert Audi or both Audi and Ford? Will the information improve my Equifax Fico score?

Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

You should alert both parties. Not having it report is affecting your score. Besides, even though they are new tradelines, they have already aged quite a bit and now they will not hurt your scores anymore. You will reap the benefits of the positive reporting. P.S. My question regarding a dual lease and the scores you had. Thanks, I am going to buy this new car in Sept 07 and wanted to weigh lease vs. purchase. My income supports it. Thank you in advance.
Valued Member
docfr8

I applied and was approved on both leases within 3 days
Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

Thanks, what were your scores at the time?
Valued Member
docfr8

My scores were in the low 600's
Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

docfr8 wrote:
My scores were in the low 600's

Wow, that's great news! Thank you for your assistance. Also, what were your down payment amounts on the Audi?>
Valued Member
docfr8

Tuscani,

Should I request EQ to report both the Ford and Audi auto leases? The payment history is now 3 month.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}